Which brand/model of crock pot for soaping?

patka

I have the Rival brand 5.5q crockpot, but it seems to be getting too hot even on low setting. I tried to rebatch in the crock pot and I am thinking to try hot process soap or OHP. I wanted to see what brand/model of crockpot people find works well. Thanks in advance.

I got a soap melting pot at Michaels(used my 40% off coupon)they also carry them at Hobby Lobby. It melts real good in it.

HTH,

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com

Carlena, I saw these, but it looked to me like the pot is made from aluminum, is that so? I think for making a soap from scratch using lye one should use only inert materials, like the crock or glass etc. I am not a fan of aluminum for food/body products anyway, but I read that lye and aluminum are definitely not a good combination. Maybe these are for melt and pour soap that does not have lye?

my new one does too....but it has a warm setting ,and I am gonna try that one, and if that dont work I'll find an older one at a yard sale or thrift shop.

tootie

Tootie, that may be a good idea with the warm setting. I thought the crocks were supposed to cook at low temperature, though, mine got really hot. Maybe the warm setting will do it, it is worth trying.