Good or bad, pros & cons

I recently bought a 4oz tin made by someone else just to test. I know they use CB advanced but not sure if they use any additives????????

Get this, Their burn time is listed as 15 hours!! I lit and burned for 2 hours and there was a nice flame and good HT. Let it burn on (like a customer would do) and 21/2 hours the flame was very weak, almost drowning, BUT the melt pool remained right to the edges. Put it out after 4 hours, relit the next night and same weak flame but melt pool right to the edge, HT still good. Have burned it now for a total of 10hrs and there is still a lot to go. Never have to trim the wick.

Now, for some opinions:

Is it better for the candle to burn longer with a weak flame?

Is it better for a candle to burn for a shorter time with a stronger flame?

Do you think they have additives or just a good wick?

Have they got the perfect candle that customers would buy?

Would you like their recipe or would you do different?

Thanks for any opinions

I would like to know some opinions also. I have a 3.5 jar that I just cannot single wick to save my soul. Well I can if I want to deal with all the black soot and a monster flame. Anyway, 2 wicks create a FMP really quick, it never gets TO deep but it does come fast, after a short period of time the flames are weakish but still FMP and ST is fabulous. If I go any smaller than the wick I have then of course no FMP or the flame is so weak it dies out. Should I continue to try to find a single wick??? or just go with it. The results are nice but just curious what others might do.

TIA

When a flame gets really low, it usually means the candle is underwicked, or a problem with the fo,wax,wick combo, IMHO. I have had really heavy or vanilla scents do that. Why don't you try a different kind of wick. A lot of time, if a CD will not work because it bends; I would try a Performa or sometimes a zinc just does not get hot enough to support a nice little flame. Just don't wick too big. Carole