Can I use vanilla color stabilizer in candles?

I use GB415 soy wax and I do not dye my candles. I was ordering some of my FO the other day and came across vanilla color stabilizer (it was in the category soap) I was wondering, can this be used in making candles? It does not say anything about NOT using in candles. The fragrance I was ordering has 10% vanilla in it and since I don't dye my candles it does change the color of the candle somewhat from the other candles. I have even had some of my no dye candles turn a yellowish/ugly color. If I can't use it, is there something out there I can use other than UV inhibitor? Thank you in advance.

I would not recommend putting that stuff in candles. 1st make sure you are using UV inhibitor, if you are and you still get the discoloring. (some FO are just dark in nature and will turn the wax a very ugly color) You can try luster crystals, it's not an easy additive to work with but it does a better job than stearic (IMHO) at getting a nice white, white candle.

Karen B

• 8 months later...