Help with fragrance in Skin Care Products for women with Cancer

Two of the lady's in the Personnel Office are fighting with breast cancer and one doesn't look like she's doing so well. I was thinking of making up a lil gift basket for them for a little pick me up. I was thinking maybe a lotion, soap, body butter, small candle and maybe sachet beads. But I'm wondering if maybe they will be too sensitive to the fragrances?

I had made some butter bars for my Nephew with tea tree, Lemon Grass, Peppermint, Patchouli EO's and a lil Cool Water FO, it came out with a nice fresh and clean scent.

I was thinking of using those EO's in a whipped butter for them, what do ya'll think? I sure don't want the fragrance to bother them! And I think chemo leaves you sensitive to fragrances? When I took some candles and whipped butter to my sis, it didn't seem to bother her. But she had stopped doing the chemo.

I only do M&P Soap and was going to make a pink bar for them but don't know what to scent it with. I don't want to make something they can't use. :confused:

Does anyone have any suggestions of what EO's to fragrance them with? And I'm not sure if I should do a candle?

Thanks for any help!!

Two issues with fragrance when undergoing chemo:

1. Things smell different, and some people are incredibly sensitive to smells when sick - and chemo makes you sick

2. Odors and flavors experienced during chemo often become somehow associated with all they are going through and an aversion can develop.

When going through stuff, unscented is the BEST bet.

Two issues with fragrance when undergoing chemo:

1. Things smell different, and some people are incredibly sensitive to smells when sick - and chemo makes you sick

2. Odors and flavors experienced during chemo often become somehow associated with all they are going through and an aversion can develop.

When going through stuff, unscented is the BEST bet.

Second this:

When my grandmother was going through cancer, she refused anything scented. She was very sensitive to smells at that time and some of her favorite smells even made her sick to her stomach. She owned a bar and ended up gagging at the smell of... whiskey I think it was.

I agree with going unscented. When my dad was going thru chemo and radiation, he always wanted me to make unscented stuff. He really loved the lip balm/lotion bar from BCN and used it as both.

HTH a little.