Liquid Soap

soycrazy

Ok I have all my supplies even the expensive sunflower oil that cost me $7 geez did it go up lol. I even bought a brand new crock pot last night, but I was looking at cp liquid soap making can anyone tell me difference between the 2?

I can't really answer your question but I will say that Soapfreak has a wonderful and incredibly easy crock pot liquid soap recipe that she shared at the Ohio Soapers Convention. I made it 3 weeks ago and was so surprised at how easy and quick it was and the soap is fabulously lathery!! Made mine extra thick for shower gel and we love it.

Glo

I can't really answer your question but I will say that Soapfreak has a wonderful and incredibly easy crock pot liquid soap recipe that she shared at the Ohio Soapers Convention. I made it 3 weeks ago and was so surprised at how easy and quick it was and the soap is fabulously lathery!! Made mine extra thick for shower gel and we love it.

Glo

Does she have it posted somewhere or do I need to get a hold of her? TIA

I'm pretty new to liquid soap. But it's really cool. It's a little more labor intensive than CP or HP.

Making the paste was the easy part.

Diluting the paste still mystifies me. Each one does something different.

Right now, I'm reheating 2 of 3 recent batches because they separated when I fragranced. 1 is an EO, 1 is FO.

The good news is that even "failed" batches can be salvaged with enough heat and time.

Kristy's recipe diluted really easily. I heated it a bit and she said you can hit the chunks with a stick blender & that's what I did. Did get some foam to skim off the top but most of that ended up turning back to liquid soap in the bowl after it sat a while. That last little bit of skim that was left I put in a pump bottle with a little water and am using at the sink.

Glo

• 2 weeks later...

Ok maybe you guys have some ideas on what I should do. I made kristy's and it started climbing out of the pot so I took some out and put in a soaping bucket. So the one in the soaping bucket came out like the vaseline paste, but the one in the crockpot I don't know. It came out like wet rice so I turned the crock pot on this morning to see if I could fix it. I can't go past the thick mash potato stage it just doesn't get to that taffy stage. I stick blend forever and stir and stir and it just doesn't want to give in lol. Any ideas?