12oz jar but really 8oz?

MissMary has brought up an important point about the manufacturer's instructions. You mentioned the wax being able to hold 6%-10% FO. What about your FO? You need to pay attention to its recommended usage rate (either look on the bottle or ask the supplier) as well. My lavender FO from Peak, for example, says to use 1/4 - 1/2 oz per lb of wax, which translates into a maximum of 3%. So even though the wax could hold 6-10%, I will obey these instructions and use no more than 3%.

If you're interested in buying in bulk to reduce your cost per candle, you could start with ingredients which don't expire, such as wax, wicks, jars. For ingredients which need to be fresh, such as FOs, you could figure out how much you need for 1 year and buy that quantity. If you're not using much of each scent, you could consider cutting back on the number of scents offered so that you can buy larger quantities of each FO.

Boy, I have to agree with the above. You say you've been doing this for a year, yet can't seem to figure out the FO load you're using in any given formulation? Your original post says that you thought you were putting 12oz in your jar, which clearly indicates you aren't weighing, and when you realize you're only using 8oz with 1oz. FO (um....and that's a 12½% load in case you needed to know) you question if that's too much?

You've unwittingly spilled the beans that you really don't know what you're doing and are very far from producing a quality (let alone safe) product. You should not be selling.

I'm sure this thread will do nothing but make you mad and you'll more than likely continue to do just as you have, but in case you're truly interested in learning, continue to read and research on this board, be willing to accept advice and criticism, accept answers to the questions you ask, and you can learn a ton here and will find experienced chandlers more than willing to help.