sugar scrub question

Guest jurnalynn

Guest jurnalynn

ok here it is i'm trying an emulsified scrub and had a few questions do i emulsifiy the butters and oils first then add the sugar or do iadd it all together at first?

second question at what stage do i add the preservative?

thank you

laura

I melt my hard oils, waxs and butters then add the liquid, room temp oils to the hot oils. I put that in the KA and walk away for 10-15 minutes. I add fo when it isn't clear anymore and I add preservative at the recommended temp. The last thing I do is add the sugar.

I melt my hard oils, waxs and butters then add the liquid, room temp oils to the hot oils. I put that in the KA and walk away for 10-15 minutes. I add fo when it isn't clear anymore and I add preservative at the recommended temp. The last thing I do is add the sugar.

I do this too, but I also put mine in the fridge after the preservative. It firms up nicely and I keep this in a big container. Then when I need to make a scrub I take out the needed amount, add the FO, sugar and color.

I do this too, but I also put mine in the fridge after the preservative. It firms up nicely and I keep this in a big container. Then when I need to make a scrub I take out the needed amount, add the FO, sugar and color.

This is exactly what I do! :D

That way I usually always have scrub base on hand. ;)

I do the same as jwalton and Michi. I will recommend that if using an e-wax, make sure to use the e-wax from the same supplier as this can change your batch. Ask me, how I know. lol I found the hard way. I got a good deal from a supplier that went out of business so I bought quite a bit. But, it changed my recipe from what I normally use and I ended up back at the counter tweaking it again. All I changed was the supplier I got my e-wax from.