Scrub instructions

ebarnes

oh Queen, you are toooo funny! I like your take on the better idea...kind of like when I Was little and went to the nursing home to visit with my mom, she told me all I had to do was "smile and nod"...well, that's what I did, and it worked most of the time, until I did it one day to this little lady, and she handed me a rotten banana...evidently she had been saving it, as that was the only "treat" they got in there....it was so sweet of her because after she gave it to me, I remembered that a few weeks earlier, I had said that I loved bananas...later in the car, my mom asked me what was up with the rotten banana, and I told her about my earlier conversation with "Miss Rose" and my mom explained to me the depth of her gift...she also told me now that we were in the car, I didn't have to eat the banana.

I haven't come up with a surefire way to keep people from steeling your umbrella, other than greasing the pole...that is what we do if we are leaving it out....lol...if the thief comes up and grabs the pole, their first instinct will be "yuck"...why would they want an umbrella that is tarred and feathered with who knows what...lol...;) You have to make it obvious though, that what is on the pole isn't suntan oil...very important, it has to have a "blechk" factor or they will still take it.

Good luck! HTH for next trip to the beach!

LOL...I'm tellin ya, you shoulda greased the poles! LOL...:laugh2: The people you bought it from probably took it down in the night, and then sold it to some other tourist for a discount since it didn't have the bag...J/K (although, I wouldn't put it past them!)

I would go more with the rowdy drunken kids taking it. That really stinks, when you have to take all your stuff in every day, but nowadays, it is so much different than...well, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth (I guess that is the "back then") that my kids are always referring to...LOL. MY friend is in a RV camp ground, and she says that she remembers times when she could leave all her stuff out (chairs, etc) and nobody would mess with them, but now, she has to lock up everything when away, or there is no telling what will come up missing. Kind of takes the fun out of an outing, doesn't it? Especially if you have little kids, that canopy would almost be a necessity...(it would be for me, because that would be where I would spend most of my time...LOL) I hate the water, I don't swim, I hate the sand in my pants, LOL :tiptoe:

When making your scrubs do you mix the FO w/the sugar then add the oils or do you pour the oils (already mixed with F/O) over the sugar? I ask b/c when mixing the FO w/sugar the sugar seems to expand or become puffy. I guess it depends on perference.

Someone did answer your question.

I mix all the butters, oils and other ingredients together, mix well, add the FO and preservative, mix extremely well, then add the sugar TO the melted oils, etc. last of all and mix well with my stick blender.

Think this was the way TheQueen does it, so maybe you could try it that way. That's the way I've made it before. Seems like FO always goes in last with every thing I make....

• 2 weeks later...
When making your scrubs do you mix the FO w/the sugar then add the oils or do you pour the oils (already mixed with F/O) over the sugar?

Neither. The oils and sugar get mixed, the FO gets added at the very end, for me it's usually 24 hours later. Make sure you follow the instructions for your preservative. Some are added to warm oils and others can be added at the end.

I often make large batches in lots of different scents.

e