Comparable Bluegrass Soy Wax

Hi Everyone,

I stopped making candles for about 8 months and am getting started back up. I purchased Bluegrass Candle Supply's Soy wax and they no longer carry wax. I would appreciate any recommendations for a comparable wax. :confused:

I am looking forward to getting back into candle making, but now I have to find a wax.

Thank you in advance for your help.:yay:

Michelle

I use KY pure soy and natural pillar wax and have had no probs , Been a while for me as well but I think the waxes are very similar.

Need to get back into candles LOL got hooked on soap making .:embarasse

Thanks so much Chip. I sent them an e-mail and hopefully they will respond back. I appreciate your help. I also like the Bluegrass and really hate to have to re-test if I can still get it.

Have you purchased any of the wax from this new company? Kinda curious as to whether or not they have altered it any.

Thanks again.

Michelle:yay:

I haven't tried the wax from the new company carrying bluegrass yet. Supposedly nothing was changed. I still have a large quantity left from the old bluegrass and have been concentrating on other things like hurricane candles and air fresheners so won't be ordering new wax anytime soon. you'll have to keep us posted as to how the "new" wax is if you get hold of some.

The "NEW" company hasn't changed anything, who could afford that. It's Golden Foods/Brands wax and it's 415. Bluegrass put their name on the box several years ago, before that they used the same box as GF ships in. Don't waste your money... get the plain 415 that is closest to you, save on shipping. Lots of companies sell this wax.

Thanks Scents,

I am actually on the West coast, but there are not too many suppliers over here. I will check out the links you posted and see what I can find out.

Thanks for your help.

Michelle

Bitter Creek sells it, they call their's ezsoy. So does Peaks they are both fare closer. Some call it by another name but Peaks says GB/415 so that's good to know.

There are not that many "manufacturers" of soy wax and natural wax blends out there. I know I am not naming them all, but off the top of my head;

Golden Foods

EcoSoya

Strahl & Pitsch Inc.

CalWax

Cargill

Enchanted Lights

If I remember correctly the only manufacturer that allows a company to brand/name their waxes is Golden Foods. So if you purchase a wax from a "supplier" and its branded with a name, changes are very good that it's a Golden Foods, just find out from the box what formula is.

Strahl & Pitsch Inc. does, at least that's my assumption. I tried some of their votive pillar blend years back and really liked it. Told a supplies how good I thought it was so maybe they could get it and try it out. Next time I wanted some I asked the supplier if this supplier or any other near me carried their brand. They would not tell me, so I asked them to call this supplier or any near me to see if they would be allowed to confirm that they sell it so I would not have to retest. The suppliers said no. So I just bought straight form them. From the looks and the way the wax acts I am sure the wax is the same. But they are selling under their own name. I have been using GF since it started giving samples of their soy shortening to a few of us candle makers to see how it worked. Dana, even took some of my candles and tarts to a candle convention to show what could be done with it. Seem so long ago when soy was new.

Not sure where you're located, but since you purchased your wax from a supplier in Kentucky here are three suppliers in Kentucky that has 415:

http://kycandlewaxsupply.com/wax.htm

http://www.soycandle.com/index.php?cPath=453_466_470

http://alabastercandlesupply.com/soycandlecontainerwax.php

For KY, which wax is the 415? I'd really like to try some soy wax sometime. And I cannot get Cargill to get back to me. I hate talking on the phone and email isn't working. haha I may just have to break down and call them.