Requirements for candle holders?

Some time ago I read information concerning requirements for candle holders. I can't remember which site it was so of course I can't find it. What I do recall is that it mentioned something about the candle staying in place when the holder was tilted to a certain angle. I believe they also mentioned that it had to keep the surface below cool. There was also a suggestion not to include flamable materials around the base so that when the pillar burns down the flame would not ever have contact with something that would burn. My warning label states that pillars have to be burned in a holder. I don't sell them but I would like to use the correct type for a display. Does anyone know what the rules are for candle holders?

I have been making ceramic containers for years. If the holder is glazed you will have not problem. Ceramics are fired to about 2000 degrees. A candle is not going to cause it to burn. I have been in the ceramic business for about 35 years. We have always been taught to keep flames away from acrylic painted holders. I have tested over and over again and I cannot get any of my acrylic containers to catch on fire. I have sold them for many years and have never had a complaint. I am painting some votive holders in acrylic now and will test again. Bottom line is, you should be 100% safe with ceramic. I don't use any wood containers even if they are treated.

Hope this helps.

Rae

Thank you, that was very helpful. :) I will probably look for a ceramic holder for the display. I just wish I could remember were I read the information concerning requirements for how the candle holder should be made so that the candle does not tip over at a certain angle. I assume they were refering to something with a well or indented surface instead of just a flat plate. I'll keep looking, if I ever locate the information I'll post here.