Etsy - Scent Descriptions

Do you list scent descriptions in your Etsy listings (or on a webpage)? I have some items that can be scented with various fragrances, but no descriptions. I see some shops that you just scroll down and down on the listing because of all the descriptions.

This is going to be definately your preference. When I was listing, I put each scent per listing. But, if you've got it where they choose, I'd maybe list the fragrances in the listing and then direct them to view your profile or something for descriptions. Some people are pretty finicky about all the reading in the descriptions and some are pretty finicky that they like to have the info all in one spot. So, again, your preference. :)

I have had a website for 2 years. Never did a scent list/description till this week. Some of the scents I cannot find a description, some I describe on my own and some descripts I get from my suppliers. One supplers doesn't list descriptions, another has a description of most of my scents and another I use some of their descriptions.

Tomorrow I should be ready to put this page on my site. Alot of scents and scrolling down but I think most do like to see what they are buying. Most are self explained though. Apple Pie etc.

I feel it is your preference.

LynnS

but I think most do like to see what they are buying. Most are self explained though. Apple Pie etc.

Kind of what I was thinking... some are easy to figure out, but some aren't... A lot of people have no clue on something like "Monkey Farts" as an example. And since it's online and no way to smell it before you buy it... I think I'll try it and see if it makes a difference in anything...

If it is decided to list scent descripts we cannot just list a few that no ones knows what the fragrance is. We must do them all.I do have a few blanks but still going to go ahead and put the descript on for others that are not so common.I will come up with a description but moving on. Most of my scents are common.

My fruit ones I have smell so fresh and so true to the fragrance it is unreal. Those are the scents I want to carry. Smell so real and are strong.

My list is way to long. I have alot of scents and hard for me to decide what to carry and what not to carry. I have taken about 10 off but I have 10 new scents to add on. Can't win.

I do want to start wholesaling scents.I have to get my stock up and it is going to take some time but working on it.

LynnS