another ins. question

I live in Louisiana, I wanted to know if u could just have ins. and not tax papers and licencse etc. I do not really want a bussiness with this just give away or and once in a while sale

I just want to cover my a$$ my sister wants me to make her some candles for christmas and birthdays. I would buy the stuff she would just buy the jars... but I feel I would need ins. to do that.. as now I am just making for her and I.

thanks

If it were me.......I'd get insurance regardless. Who is to say that your sister doesn't give a candle as a gift or somehow one ends up in someone's hands and they leave it burning next to the curtain and their house burns. I'm on the cautious side and say better to be safe than sorry. Not saying your sister will give any candles to anyone, but in a sue happy world, you can never be too safe.

With that said, I'd get a business license as well. Can't speak for Louisiana but in TX, getting a tax permit doesn't cost anything and then I registered a DBA with my courthouse for 16 dollars. This way you're covered legally in all aspects. Whether you sell one candle or one hundred if you care to classify yourself as a business then a business is a business and if you are making a profit off what you do then technically you are already a "business". Not to mention with a tax ID you can get your products at a wholesale price.

:confused: also sense I make them out of the back kitchen but still coneccted to the house . should I notify my homeowners . not sure if usaa would cover that. I was not going to go thru them for the ins. I was going to go to indy .

thanks so much off to search for answer to millions of other questions....

:confused: also sense I make them out of the back kitchen but still coneccted to the house . should I notify my homeowners . not sure if usaa would cover that. I was not going to go thru them for the ins. I was going to go to indy .

thanks so much off to search for answer to millions of other questions....

WHAT COMPANIES IN TEXAS COVER THIS. IF YOU WORK OUT OF YOUR HOME

WHAT COMPANIES IN TEXAS COVER THIS. IF YOU WORK OUT OF YOUR HOME

Several companies write policies in Texas but you just have to shop around. I know the one that I have is not the cheapest one but my ho strictly will not pay for damage to my home from my business no matter what kind of business I have so I had to find outside insurance. I have Ohio Casualty for mine and it's 500 per year for my liability insurance. Depending on how long you have been w/your insurance company though, you may be able to check with them as well. Do a search online and see what you can come up with.