EL millennium wax..

OK, the 8oz sq mason testers are all done.

ECO 8 is a keeper. The sides caught up and cleaned all the way down last night. I got 50hrs out of the jar. I think that is good. No soot no smoking either. I kept the wick trimmed all the way down. I got a really good HT out of this jar. The scent I used is a knock you out the door scent. I am going to be testing another 8oz sq mason with the ECO 8 and the peppermint/Euc from CS and the Juniper breeze (I love this scent!!) from CS. I am going to pour them today and let them sit for a week and then test them.

The RRD 47 was OK....some soot and I got about 48.5 hrs out of that one. The HT was as good as the ECO 8, other than the soot they are about the same.

The priemer 760 is doing OK. But the HT is not what I want. I am not sure if it is the wick or the FO. I am going to try it with a ECO 8 too.

The 6oz tin with 100% 6006 is almost done. I am hoping to get 25hrs from the tin...but I really dont think I will. BUT the HT is AWESOME!!! I LOVE the Juniper Breeze....I scents up our whole 40ft fifth-wheel. It also scents up my friends huge LR in her house. BUT I think I am going to stick with the CD 7 with this one. The RRD 37 is too small, I think. I will know for sure later when it is done.

that is it for now

tootie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 100% IGI6006 candle in the 6oz tin is done. The RRD 37 was the right size. It took till the last burn to clean the sides all down. But that is OK cause I got a GREAT HT and CT from this candle. It burned for 23.75 hrs. not too bad I dont think. The one I did that was a mix 70% EL / 30% 6006 lasted for 25hrs i think. So not that big of a difference.

There were NO mushrooms on this wick at all for all the burns (5 i think). No smoking and no soot.

tootie

I didnt burn anything today. Getting ready to go to Central OR so I have been busy with getting everything ready to travel.

The 8oz sq mason with the 760 wick in it is burning wonderful BUT no throw. I dont know if it is the FO or the wick. The FO is Coconut Lime from CS. So I am going to let it cure for a few days and try again.

I poured 100% 6006 in the 6oz tin yesterday. I am going to burn it in a week or so. It was peppermint/Euc from CS. with a RRD 37 wick.

I will update again in a few days.

tootie

Tootie

This thread is really helping me! Thank you

Your welcome!! I am glad someone can use the info.

I will be back to testing this weekend. We got moved to South Central OR today so it has been a busy day!!

tootie

I dug out the coconut lime 8oz sq mason that was wicked with the premier 760. I lit it and forgot about it. It was up in the BR it burned for 6 hrs or so. I went up this evening (it was so nice out we spent the whole evening outside) and get this good melt pool..could have been a little deeper maybe. NO MUSHROOMS!! NO SOOT!! and I could smell it this time. :yay:

I am going to make another one with the 765 and see if I can find PERFECT!:grin2:

tootie

Poured 2 more testers this morning. I will fire them up on Monday.

8 oz sq mason 70/30 soy/para ECO 8 wick and Strawberry Rubarb from KY.

8oz sq mason 70/30 soy/para Priemer 765 wick and Black Raspberry Vanilla (berts)

both 6% FO.

I took some pics of my coconut lime candle after 3 hrs burning. I will post em later.

tootie

Tootie

The other day I burned one of mine with an HTP1212. Full melt pool after 2.5 hours and I kept it lit for about 3.5 hours. The 2nd day the melt pool was about 1.5 inches so it seems that wick is a little big for the 2nd burn. But the HTP105 didn't work well at all for me. I've got a bunch of HTP wicks and CD wicks. Any suggestions?

Also, what would you suggest for a 6 oz tin? I don't have any ECO wicks.

I really want to get this wax to work since I can get it locally

Thanks

Tootie

The other day I burned one of mine with an HTP1212. Full melt pool after 2.5 hours and I kept it lit for about 3.5 hours. The 2nd day the melt pool was about 1.5 inches so it seems that wick is a little big for the 2nd burn. But the HTP105 didn't work well at all for me. I've got a bunch of HTP wicks and CD wicks. Any suggestions?

Also, what would you suggest for a 6 oz tin? I don't have any ECO wicks.

I really want to get this wax to work since I can get it locally

Thanks

Are you using just the EL Mill wax?? what jars are you using?

Try a CD 8 or 10 in the 6oz tin IF it is 100% EL wax

tootie

forgot to ask....How far down did your burn the 105? Dont judge your wick by the first burns unless it is obvious it is too big or small.

I have learned to judge the bottom half of the jar or tin. Tins catch up VERY quick in the bottom half. I have taken the advice from a few of the "old people" :grin2: on this board and am very pleased with the results.

tootie

forgot to ask....How far down did your burn the 105? Dont judge your wick by the first burns unless it is obvious it is too big or small.

I have learned to judge the bottom half of the jar or tin. Tins catch up VERY quick in the bottom half. I have taken the advice from a few of the "old people" :grin2: on this board and am very pleased with the results.

tootie

I didn't get a full melt pool after 3 hours with the HTP105

I would stick with the 105 and burn it all the way down in 4-5hr intervals. Trim the wick each time just a little off where the mushroom may or may not be. Try to stick with a 1/4 inch wick.

tootie

I didn't get a full melt pool after 3 hours
Full melt pool doesn't always happen on the first burn and that is NOT a bad thing. Both tins and containers build up heat as the candles burn down, so have patience and burn your testers all the way down unless they absolutely drown out. Many folks overwick soy, palm & veggie waxes because they expect those waxes to have the same burning characteristics as paraffin.

I agree about a CD 8-10 for the 6 oz. tin. A CD 12-14 should work fine for the mason. Smaller is better so long as the HT is good. ;)

OK this is really wierd!! :confused: Both the 8oz sq masons I made Friday drowned!!:sad2: Now I was NOT drunk and I checked my scale to make sure it didnt wig out on me. I scented them both at 6% (berts) black raspberry vanilla and (KY) strawberry Rubarb. I mixed the same mixture 70% EL mill and 30% IGI 6006 SAME wax I have been using not from a new batch.

The only thing that changed was the enviroment. We moved from the cool wet humid coast to the dry and much warmer high desert of South central OR, Oh and altitude sea level to 4100ft...

So I melted em down and put a CD 12 in one and a ECO 10 in the other.

The candle fairies are here today!!:confused:

tootie

I pulled out the HTP1212 and put in an HTP105. I started it at 10:00 today, it is now 12:00 and I've got a small melt pool accross the top. So far so good.

I also poured some tins.

Good have patients and see how it goes, burn it all the way down. If that HTP dont work def try some CD's or CDN's I think you will like them.

I think I figured out my problem....I just knew my candles could not go THAT wonky on me.

I melted the first ones down and remade them with bigger wicks (wish I had figured it out before) so when I repoured them I didnt see what temp I was pouring at...MISTAKE!! They cooled slow cause it was 85 in here yesterday (no AC) but still cooled with big cracks right at the necks. So when I lit the candle they tunneled down and 1/2 inch or so. I could see the crack down in the candle. I figured this out this morning when I lit the ones with the bigger wicks and they tunneled and drowned too!!:mad: Only then did I realize my 2 mistakes I made.

Not seeing what temp I was pouring at and also filling this jar up to the neck. I need to fill up to the top of the shoulder but not into the neck. So I took a spoon and dug the wax out down the the wick and relit the candle and so far it is burning normal.

So I have to make my priemer 765 candle over again today.

Another lesson learned

tootie

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Gotta LOVE it!! Right when you think you understand and have it all down, it goes straight to hell in a handbasket!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I think from now on when people ask me why I use veggie wax, I'll try to look mystical and tell them I chose veggie wax to teach myself humility (when actually, I LIKE how it feels when I beat my head against the wall)! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

OK down the the next to the last burn on the 6oz tin with 100% 6006....RRD37 wick. Almost all the wax has caught up on the sides. They are all but clean. This wick NEVER mushroomed or smoked. I really like this wick for this container. After the last burn I will have gotten about 25-26 hrs from this candle. Oh it was Peppermint/euc from CS. Filled the room with scent too!!

The 8oz sq mason with the 70% EL and the 30% 6006 scented with coconut lime from CS at 6%. the preimer 760 wick also suprised me and did well. all sides are cleaned down and it get a FMP in 3 hrs BUT not very deep maybe 1/8 inch or so. This could most likely do better with a 765 in it. I have a feeling the 765 would be perfect. No mushrooms at all and no soot or smoking with this wick in this jar. This jar will have burned approx 50 hrs after the next burn.

That is it for now

tootie

OK, I am testing those candles I wicked up on before I figured out the cracks were my problem. Here are the results after the 2nd 4 hr burn...

8oz sq mason ECO 10 Strawberry Rubarb (KY) 6% 70/30 EL mil/6006: Nice clean burn so far. The flame is steady and not flickering. VERY small shrooms and melt pool is all the way across but not deep....yet. No sooting, or smoking so far.

8oz sq mason CD12 Black Raspberry Vanilla (berts) 6% 70/30 EL mil / 6006 this is the first of many of berts scents I will be testing. Nice HT pretty strong actually. Melt pool is all the way across but not deep....yet. No sooting, smoking or mushrooms so far.

that is it for today...

Jwahlton....how is your testing going so far??

tootie