Floral Waters/Hydrosols in CP

CBE

I just ordered a ton of these from New Directions to use in some lotions and creams. But I was wondering...has anyone ever tried using this in lieu of regular old water in CP?

I know the scent would probably not hold up... but would the properties hold up? I searched, and found that no... it probably WOULDN'T hold up. But I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried it?

I guess you'll always wonder if the properties of the liquid you use would hold up in CP... like infused teas for instance. If the lye damages the properties of floral water, wouldn't it damage the properties of teas and milks?

Just thinking out loud here....lol

Good question! I have no idea how it would hold up but you made me search this for an hour when I should be in bed. I can't find an answer anywhere. You can use it, I am sure but what remains I have no idea. I know if there is scent that will be destroyed in the process. I think some properties would be left if you use 1/2 the water to mix lye with and add 1/2 floral water or hydrosol at light trace you have a better chance of it surviving. I always wonder when making tea soaps what is left behind, I personally don't think much of the properties are there. There are different opinions on that. Sorry wish I could help you more. Why not just use them in a toner or lotions? Whip some up in Shea or any of the exotic butters?

Good question! I have no idea how it would hold up but you made me search this for an hour when I should be in bed. I can't find an answer anywhere. You can use it, I am sure but what remains I have no idea. I know if there is scent that will be destroyed in the process. I think some properties would be left if you use 1/2 the water to mix lye with and add 1/2 floral water or hydrosol at light trace you have a better chance of it surviving. I always wonder when making tea soaps what is left behind, I personally don't think much of the properties are there. There are different opinions on that. Sorry wish I could help you more. Why not just use them in a toner or lotions? Whip some up in Shea or any of the exotic butters?

Oh yes.... they will be used in some lotions/creams I need to make, but I was just wondering about it in CP. Like if anyone has ever tried it (like maybe in a facial bar), and if anyone had any opinions on it (was there a difference in the lather or feel of the lather).

Did you mention one time about Jasmine Rice Water in CP? It just made me think about hydrosols and floral waters, and then my mind started rolling to teas and milks... and if the lye kills the properties of floral waters, why doesn't it kill the properties of other liquids we use in soap... etc.

I no doubt think that Rice Water would make a soap feel luxurious, probably because of the starch in the rice?

But really, I was just thinking out loud here and just wanted a few opinions on the subject, I know we have some soapers on here that love to experiment with anything and everything added to the soap but the kitchen sink...lol (which is a good thing!).

Thanks for replying!!

(didn't mean to make you stay up past your bedtime searching for an answer! lmao)