Lip Balm Colors in Soap

MochaMama

I am making melt and pour soap, and was wondering if the lip balm colors worked in melt and pour soap. I was thinking since I already add some oil to the soap base, I would melt the colors with the oils, then mix in with the melted soap. Would this work?

Thanks so much for answering!!!

• 1 month later...

Ok, for those who were wondering :grin2: , it does not really work as well as I imagined. I mixed some (two/three drops) red lip balm color from MMS with some (approx 1 oz) jojoba oil and added it to the melted soap. It does not stay true red, but turns a pinkish type of color. Nice enough color, but I was looking for a more true red. So, I am currently researching melt and pour soap colors other than Select Shades (which I am currently using) to give me more vibrant colors.

You're not gonna get vibrant colors with the opaque base because of the whitener used to make it white. Most colors will turn out a pastel shade. But you can get some really nice, bright colors in clear mp base.

You're not gonna get vibrant colors with the opaque base because of the whitener used to make it white. Most colors will turn out a pastel shade. But you can get some really nice, bright colors in clear mp base.

Ditto, Believe me, I tried it all, With white soap base MP

it's hard to get that dark vibrant colors. So I chose to use clear soap base and get the vibrant colors and this is using mp soap colorant or Micas and I really like using micas since it's more color choices and shimmering to me at least. LOL

HTH

Meg

Ditto, Believe me, I tried it all, With white soap base MP

it's hard to get that dark vibrant colors. So I chose to use clear soap base and get the vibrant colors and this is using mp soap colorant or Micas and I really like using micas since it's more color choices and shimmering to me at least. LOL

HTH

Meg

Well color me silly because I never, ever thought about the whitener in the base.

Thank you so much for the tip!!!

And I think I'm going to start using Micas too. Select shades are cool, but sometimes I don't quite always get the color I want....and they're not very vibrant either. Thanks, again.

FYI MochaMama, the micas will not work in the opaque base either. Use the clear & you'll get wonderful results.

You can chunk them up & add to an opaque loaf. When you slice the bars, you'll get some really nice bits & pieces running through your bars.

Thanks Ruina - I am going to order some clear soap base today from WSP. I have TONS of white soap base, but since I want colors that POP (smile) I've got to make the switch.

I've got some clear-ish - SFIC shaving soap that I can play with a bit until the larger order comes in.