Solid Hair Conditioner Recipe?

Lady Di

• 1 year later...

I don't know of any solid ones but I have a nice conditioning oil mask recipe that maybe you could tweek to make a solid form from.

(this is for one treatment)

1 oz coconut oil

1 oz avocado oil

2 tsp pure honey

.5 oz rosemary essential oil

In a small glass bowl or measuring cup I melt the honey for 30-60 seconds or so in the microwave then mix in my oils and EO. When its all melted and mixed, and still warm but not HOT, I massage it into the ends of my hair and work my way up. I make sure and massage into my roots too, but I do that last. Rosemary EO is good for dry, itchy, or dandruff in scalps. It helps repair damage done by coloring or heat styling hair too. Some people think it stimulates growth of new hair, too.

The downside to this recipe is that water alone really wont rinse the oils away so I only use it as a hot oil mask once a week. I let it sit in my hair for 45-60 minutes, then rinse using my shampoo bar. It leaves your hair silky enough that you dont need to use conditioner. I have made this ahead of time before and it heats up in about 15 seconds in the microwave (I take it traveling if I have an event to go to, it makes my hair super shiny)

I think it could be made more solid if you used Avocado butter vrs oil, and used a Coconut oil with a higher melting point. I wouldnt use beeswax because it would buildup in the hair.. but Cocoa or Shea butter might stiffen it up a bit without buildup. My guess is that it wouldnt get hard enough to be put in a mold unless it resembled a solid lotion recipe, but maybe could be put in a pot or jar?

Hope some of this helps! I'll keep my eye out for any other recipes for ya!