wicking these 50/50 blends

I currently make my own blend but have been trying out preblends for their convenience factor. I'm trying the Soyafin from JBN right now whis is 51/49 soy/paraffin. Has anyone gotten anything besides zinc to work in these blends? Doesn't have to be the Soyafin in particular. The CDs burn okay at first then flame up and smoke, the RRDs same problem. I have some LXs on order. The zincs are the best burn so far (with mushrooms though), I just would really like a wick without the wire core. :tongue2: Thanks

We have had success w/ the CD wicks in the 50/50 blends, but as I recall reading here, you have to wick down quite a but from what you'd use in a 100% soy container.

In our straight half pint jj's, we use the CD 8 for most oils, and in the wide mouth half pint and pint jj's, we use a CD 10. I found out the hard way, that the hotter burning CD wick produces a MUCH better scent throw and w/ out much cure time, as opposed to the cooler burning zinc.

HTH!

I am in the testing process right now and am testing the HTP wicks in them. So far so good. But I have discovered while testing, that it really depends on your jar as well. I was getting sooting in the sq masons, but am now testing the widemouth jars with much better luck and no sooting, so far. But I am just in the beginning testing stages of testing the blends, so I have a long ways to go. I think the LX wicks would do fine also.