gw444

i assume this is gb444. this is from conniescandles site. i did fix the spelling.

gw444

can be used as a container or pillar wax, great fragrance throw, creamier texture, shorter set up time. flake form packaged in bags, holds 9-11% fragrance oil. call for instructions on pillar candles. i checked out their candlemaking instructions on the site & the only thing they said to do was hold the molds in your hands to warm it a bit for it to come out or stick the mold in the freezer.

now my question. has anybody tried making votives, pillars with this wax?

that's what i always thought too. my above post was copied directly from connies website. i think i'll get a lb from millcreek & see if it will work.

Hi Carol,

Millcreek does have a Golden Brands pillar/votive soy wax, but I'm not sure what it is called nowadays. I bought 10 lbs of it a couple of years ago, and just now made some votives and a 4" pillar with it to test it out. I and some other CTers were given some samples of the 444 when Golden Brands first blended it, and it seems to be a good wax if you want to just use it and not experiment with your own blend. It needs at least one week of cure time before burning to get the best throw.

If you try the 444 in a pillar, let us know how it works out for you!

geek

yes i know i'm millcreek's neighbor. the votive pillar blend is palm & coconut. i have since found out from bcs's website i can use the plain ole 415 with 5tbs stearic acid to make votive with. i tried it & they came out awesome. the stearic acid makes the soy very hard so that's the way i'm going to do them, plus it's alot cheaper then the votive/pillar blend.