Meringue Powder

brempel

Hi everyone,

So after much searching i have found this dry egg white powder for topping bath bombs (cakes). I don't know how to mix it though for making the topping on bath bombs! Any suggestions? I have seen someone else in this group made the.

Thanks

br

it should have instructions on the container for making icing with meringue powder

its something like 3 tbl spoons meringue powder with 6 tbl spoons of water, mix with handmixer til fluffy and add powdered sugar til stiff peaks form etc..

I was a baker for years and used this often for constructing and decorating gingerbread houses. I have a few tips on using it if you are not familiar with it.

Make sure that your utensils are totally free of any oils and butters or it won't whip up.

If you have any left over, do not store it in a plastic container as the oils will break it down.

I usually used parchment paper for a decorating bag instead of the reusable ones.

It dries hard as cement. Never thought to use it in the bath. Thanks for the idea! :smiley2:

Digit

Ok So this is the problem. I am able to whip it and it is so hard I cant pipe it. So I tried again and added less powder and it doesn't look good. It goes on runny. So now what? Maybe the wax paper trick would work. I am almost ready to give up.

br

if its to stiff to pipe you need to add a little bit more water

try this

3 tbsp. meringue powder

1 lb. confectioners' sugar

6 tbsp. warm water (in humidity use less water)

Beat all ingredients until icing forms peaks at low speed. Yield approximately 3 cups