Using sea salt in bath salts question

I read a post on here where the person said they buy their sea salt from the Amish at a good deal. I have never made bath salts and don't know anything about the types of salt. My question is what kind of salt is it that the Amish sell? I will be going up to Ohio soon and pass two Amish stores. I called one of them and they said it just says sea salt. I assume this is the type to cook with since they sell all kinds of bulk food products. What is the difference in using the sea salt the Amish sell verses dead sea salt in bath salts? Which is better to use. I have to call ahead and place my order for a 50 pound box of sea salt at the Amish store but if it is not the right kind to use, it is not a great deal at $23.95 for a 50 pound box if it is the wrong kind and I can't use it it bath salts.

Well, really and truly, sea salt is just that no matter where it comes from. Its origin would determine the "kind," e.g. Dead Sea Salt obviously comes from the Dead Sea. But it's still sea salt regardless of its origin. However, I believe sea salt can and does come in different granule sizes. I buy my regular sea salt from the grocery store and it's a fine granule size which suits my purposes just fine.

I say go for it!

All sea salts contain minerals which are good for our skin. The types and the amount of the minerals can vary from where the salts come from. The difference with DSS compared to other sea salts is that DSS has the highest mineral content of all sea salts. For some, they will look for and buy just because the product contains DSS.

And, yes, salts come in different sizes from small to large course and some even will be the size of small rocks.