Need HELP w/ Shampoo additives please

jenniejr

I have a shampoo base from Connie's. I am wanting to add to it for my youngest daughter. She gets terribly dry, itchy scalp constantly! :sad2: It makes her so miserable and I feel so bad. I have used T-Gel, but it is so expensive.

I heard that Tea Tree Oil is good for those issues. What I need to know is how much Tea Tree Oil should I put in for say 8oz & 16oz. Also, is there any other additives that would help??

TIA ;)

I'd start with a tad bit less than 1/4 of a teaspoon of Tea Tree.

If you have some Oat Protein... add a few drops of that in there too. I also add a bit of lavender EO too, because that Tea Tree oil just smells too "medicinal" for me. Yuck.

I do this for my son... he has a really bad scalp...sometimes when it flares up... it looks like cradle cap.

I also massage his scalp with a mixture of Emu and Apricot Kernel Oil. Then I'll take one of those massaging combs (it's round and has these little nubs on it to massage your scalp) and I work the oil into his scalp with this. I'll make him walk around the house with a greasy head for about 30 minutes... lol then I make him jump in the shower and I wash it all out with the shampoo.

Peppermint oil works well too. Personally I can't use tea tree on anything but my feet unless I actually want itchy red and gross all over. I have to wear gloves when I give myself a pedi using my tea tree bombs.

I use an alcohol free mouth rinse from Crest that has peppermint oil in it as a rinse when my psorisis acts up, just pour on and rinse under cooler water, I may actually get around to adding peppermint to my shampoo one of these days when I finally pick some up.

Has she seen a doctor about this? My neighbor's daughter had a fungal infection on her scalp (actually not unusual at all - potentially a common cause of dandruff) and the Nizoral shampoo worked WONDERS for her. Tea tree also has anti-fungal properties.