the way i cut my costs

Guest jurnalynn

Guest jurnalynn

i thought since i have found this board very helpful i would share some of my knowledge since i don't have a recipe yet to contribute.....for those of you that are lucky enough to live by an amish cummunity this will be of help.......in order to cut my costs i purchase many of my ingriedience in bulk from our local amish store....some of the things i manage to get from them are my sugars, sea salt, dendritic salt, powdered milk, cocoa butter(this is a big one i get it for 4 dollars a pound) citric acid arrowroot, beeswax and may other this is only the main list...i still have things i purchase online but the best thing is no shipping and since the sugars and salts are heavy this save quite a bit

i hope this helps some of you cut your costs

Laura

I am about 45 minutes from an amish community and I mostly see them in Kmart and their shopping carts are always full...a lot of toys. At our Goodwill they have half off the donated items on the first and 3rd fridays of the month and if you don't get there right when it opens, the amish beat ya there. This is where I get most of my baskets. I 've seen our amish with vegetables, plants, quilts and wooden things but that's about it. I'll have to remember to check for other things the next time I am out that way.

Guest jurnalynn

i live in ny inbetween buffallo and rochester and my sister in law lives in the southern tier both amish stores have given us good prices i get my sea slt in a 50 lb bag for less then 20 bucks

Kimberly......i see you don't live to far from me

i live in ny inbetween buffallo and rochester and my sister in law lives in the southern tier both amish stores have given us good prices i get my sea slt in a 50 lb bag for less then 20 bucks

Kimberly......i see you don't live to far from me

Whoa! That is an amazing price on the sea salt. Kim uses quite a bit of that. How far into the Southern Tier? I'm in Niagara Falls, and I go up to Kim's place a few times a year.

There are no Amish places nearby for me- but I'd be willing to travel for some deals. The places I've visited in PA were higher than most stores and online.

There are no Amish places nearby for me- but I'd be willing to travel for some deals. The places I've visited in PA were higher than most stores and online.

Hey MA--yes there is an Amish place nearby. It is about 45 minutes away, but for the life of me I can't remember where it is.

Dave and I took a ride one afternoon for something to do. We didn't go shopping there so don't know about the prices.

If you want to go for a ride, let me know!!!

Guest jurnalynn
Whoa! That is an amazing price on the sea salt. Kim uses quite a bit of that. How far into the Southern Tier? I'm in Niagara Falls, and I go up to Kim's place a few times a year.

i live in medina which is 45 min from you the store i go to is in the middle of nowhere about 10 minutes from me the one in the southern tier is outside whitesville which is about 21/2 hours from me but thats where i grew up so i know about that one your best bet is to try the one out by me he cuts me the deals cuz i purchase a lot there but if you want help getting the same prices just let me know

Laura