Yet another Home party question

MochaMama

Hi ladies:

Long story short:

a friend of mine is hosting a party with my products. She is providing the place, the vittles and the folks. I will also be inviting some of the people who were at the last open house.

My question: I just want to offer her 10% total take off the top to keep it simple.

How does that sound? Should I also offer free products if the total take is over a certain amount?

I have a private label customer that does lots of home parties. She does 10% of the total order off "hostess" order $500 show means $50 worth of products for hostess free. She has me do "special candles" for hostess gifts and they range in value from $10 to $30 - for every party a hostess books from her party at the conclusion of that party, she gets the cooresponding gift. The caveat being the hostess must be at the resulting party to get her gift which helps promote to others the fun of having a party cuz she gets a product that is not for sale - I think she used to do home interior so from that comes many of her party ideas. She does really well.