Review - For Crafts Sake - Lil Shaver Soap Beveler

odd, you would think they would say "oh no - we'll send you a perfect one!"

They said they would replace it if necessary, but I don't understand what they would replace it with. The problem is what it's made out of. The same material is employed in all the equipment I bought and it's all equally rough.

I did question why they used to make it out of a different material and then changed it. I even pointed out that owners of the old version seemed to liked it, whereas people with the new version in many cases weren't using it. They didn't address any of that, so I still don't get it. Surely it can't be that they don't know or don't care whether the product works right as provided.

You know, Top, there were a few people back when I got mine who complained of the rough surface even back then. I can only imagine how much worse it is now. The picture you show actually looks like it has some little thingies sticking out, sort of like compo-board or chip-board looks.

I'd be interested to know why they changed the size of the bevel also. Maybe people complained that it was too small?

The picture you show actually looks like it has some little thingies sticking out, sort of like compo-board or chip-board looks.

Exactly. It's like the plastic equivalent of particle board. When I first spoke with FCS they talked up using eco-friendly materials, which frankly went in one ear and out the other. When I'm spending hundreds on soap cutting and finishing equipment, I want the best materials even if it's made of clubbed baby seals.

:laugh2:

I know when you paint particle board it does get that raised look. Maybe they paint them and they look smooth, and they don't look at them ever again because they go in a box or something and then the raising parts happen? LOL

I'm finding this interesting because I'm going to try and make one of these here with some scraps. It can't be that hard. *famous last words* LOL ;)

This is the first time I've ever even seen a beveler.