thrift store find...

I'm not much one for thrift stores, but my m-in-law (who is staying with us for 2 weeks :rolleyes2 ) dragged me into one and I purchsed 6 coffee carafes for mixing my scents and wax for $1 each.

I was tired of waiting for my wax to cool in my pour pots and the 1 glass measuring cup I own, so I stocked up and can now pour quite a few scents at one time.

Check out your local thrift stores!!!

Yard sales or garage sales are a great place to look for

inexpensive 'candle equipment:) I found some old pots that I used for melting my wax when I first started making candles and great old pans to use for making chunks or tarts:)

A thift store is where I bought my presto-like pots for melting wax. My only problem now is that I only have one temperature cord now because the others ones quite working, but I can interchange the cords with my pots. One of these days soon I need to make a trip across the border to buy a couple of presto pots.

Pam F

Pam, don't make the trip!!!!

A couple of weeks ago I happened upon the infamous 'turkey fryer' people have talked about on this board. I didn't think they sold them in Canada, but they do!!! Good ole' Walmart, $99. Haven't tried it yet (I'm a little scared) but from reading the other posts, looks like it should save a lot of time! (if i recall correctly - the thread title was something like '-turkey fryer- wowza' in general candle making discussions...)

HTH -

Jan

It is called a Turk N Surf PLEASE remember the first time you put wax in it you MUST pour melted wax in it, enough to cover the coil on the bottom, then just never let it get below that level and you don't have to worry about it. I have heard if you just throw loose wax in the first time it can catch on fire but once covered no problems. This thing holds about 35 lbs. I have 2 of them. Look around for good SALES, CLEARANCES, I picked mine up at K-Mart for 30.00 after the holidays, about this time of year. Good luck, you will love it!