A Few Recent Bars

Here are a few bars I have been "allowing to harden" aka, I have been too lazy to package....

The first one shows how long I have been too lazy. You can also see toward the bottom right hand side an orangish bar with a few other colors mixed in towards the top. This is my first bar with micas. I used a few different colors I bought off the classies. It is scented Jelly Beans, (not a favorite of mine at all...)

The second one is one of my favorite soaps yet. It is scented Bedtime Bath. It contains ground Lavender and Chammomile Buds. It also contains a little Lavender EO

The third one is scented Cool Water.

The last one is my version of Clean Cotton. Its a mixture of several different fragrances from a few different suppliers. I used my new micas from the co op in this batch.

post-6473-1394584442_thumb.jpg

post-6473-139458444202_thumb.jpg

post-6473-139458444203_thumb.jpg

post-6473-139458444204_thumb.jpg

Coming along nicely! Your soaps are developing a character and style of their own, very nice. I like the way you’re using color, rustic with out looking crudely crafted. Nothing wrong with letting them set for a week or two. My experience is even HP benefits from a bit of curing however isn’t it difficult curing them on the kitchen counter? LOL.

You learn something new with each batch, each new ingredient you try. Keep up the good work.

Coming along nicely! Your soaps are developing a character and style of their own, very nice. I like the way you’re using color, rustic with out looking crudely crafted. Nothing wrong with letting them set for a week or two. My experience is even HP benefits from a bit of curing however isn’t it difficult curing them on the kitchen counter? LOL.

You learn something new with each batch, each new ingredient you try. Keep up the good work.

I prefer to let my soaps cure for a week or two before packaging. They are much easier to wrap. Curing them on the counter????, no, we gotta have somewhere to pour candles......I was just removing them from their curing space so they could be packaged. I do everything in the kitchen which makes for an angry mom. She hates not being able to be in the kitchen cooking. Coming summer 2008, a custom built 15 x 30 workspace with a small amount of retail space, plenty of counter tops, all the applicances I have wished for.....oh buddy, I can't wait. I'll never be at the house.