Tony's molds

Carrie

I think the plastic is a bit softer on the newer ones.

The easiest way to unmold soap from them has no 'twisting' involved.

Just press your thumbs along the long side of the soap and press, they will roll out. The only time I've ever put them in the freezer is when I used them for an ungelled soap.

Thanks, both of you. My soap recipe doesn't come out like that jbren. I've dented so many bars. Now I turn them upside down and run them under hot water for a few seconds, then I push with my thumbs, just like you and they slide right out. I've been hoping that the new ones would twist without breaking. I use them for salt bars and man soap.

I think the plastic is a bit softer on the newer ones.

The easiest way to unmold soap from them has no 'twisting' involved.

Just press your thumbs along the long side of the soap and press, they will roll out. The only time I've ever put them in the freezer is when I used them for an ungelled soap.

Thanks for the tip. I tried this tonight on my new molds. Did a HP soap last week and them and was uncertain on how to get the soap out of them so I just left them in. It worked right away.

How the heck would you get a salt bar out of these? Those set up fast.

How the heck would you get a salt bar out of these? Those set up fast.

I use these all the time for salt bars...these or my Kelseis. Try wiping a small amount of mineral oil on the inside of the cavities with a paper napkin. After they are set up, use the technique mentioned above either with or without the freezer.