Looking into Palm Wax for Pillars

I have tried for almost a year to make pillars out of soy wax. I have tried different waxes, different wicks, etc... But no luck getting it to burn without a blow out.

I am looking at using palm for the pillars, but I have a few questions before I order any..

What is the difference between starburst and feather?

Do you have to dye them (all that we have seen are dyed)?

Have you had any like with them and which brand do you prefer.

Thanks for all the help.

We get our Starburst pillar wax from CandleScience. I never used the Feather, but I think it is the same except for the pattern. The starburst, for us, is easy to use. We do dye it, because we like the looks of it. The biggest tip with the palm is cool very slowly and heat your molds with the heat gun. We wrap ours with towels. We are new with palm also. What I would suggest is to get a few lbs. of each and play with it.

I have had great success with all of the palm pillar/votive waxes I have sampled from all of the suppliers I have used. No amount of description can tell you which particular crystal patterns you and your customer prefer. Order some samples from the closest suppliers and test 'em out. That's what we did.:)

Southern,

You can keep your palm candles undyed. They look beautiful, but seem to burn a little faster, you may need a slightly smaller wick. I keep some of my Starburst uncolored and some I color with oil soluble edible annatto color. I am looking into some other natural colors, but this is the only one I found commercially available so far and it has a beautiful golden yellow and burns well.