Any precautions when mixing waxes?

I know a lot of people mix soy and paraffin together. I found one thread in which a chandler mixes J50 and J223 together. Anyone else do this? I want to try it. Is there anything in particular to be cautious of when mixing pre-blended waxes? Thanks to all.

Most waxes will blend well when mixed together. Whether or not they will burn well, or have good cold and hot throw, is another matter.

You should have no trouble blending J-50 and J-223, but what you'll get in the way of performance is something you'll have to explore.

I've used both of these, and didn't see much difference between the two. I settled on J-50 as the base for my blend. I had some repour issues with J-223 as I recall, but both waxes burned well and had good cold & hot throw.

I honestly don't see much benefit in blending these 2 waxes.

Fredron

Most waxes will blend well when mixed together. Whether or not they will burn well, or have good cold and hot throw, is another matter.

You should have no trouble blending J-50 and J-223, but what you'll get in the way of performance is something you'll have to explore.

I've used both of these, and didn't see much difference between the two. I settled on J-50 as the base for my blend. I had some repour issues with J-223 as I recall, but both waxes burned well and had good cold & hot throw.

I honestly don't see much benefit in blending these 2 waxes.

Fredron

Hi Fredron, thank you for your input. I studied my notes to determine what benefit I hope to achieve by blending these two waxes. For me, the J50 requires wicking up and a higher flame to achieve a full melt pool and at that point, I felt the flame was too high for my container (4oz jelly jar). The J223 achieves the full melt with a smaller flame and smaller wick size but I am having a problem finding the right size wick-wicks are too small or too large. I also have more mushrooming problems. I'm hoping to find a happy medium by a blend of these two waxes. Next step-even more testing! Anyone else have any experience blending these waxes? Thank you. Regards, Coconut