Bath Bombs

OK, so after (not so) patiently waiting all weekend, most of the stuff I ordered on the first has come in, my orders from NG and MMS came in early this afternoon. So after taking a minute to stop and smell the menthol crystals, I decided to give bath bombs a try..

but wait I need a mixing bowl and i probably shouldn't use my personal flour and sugar measuring cups on these, so ima make a quick run to the exchange n pick em up...

OK now its time to try these things, measure measure measure... wow this is a lot of dry.. maybe i should just try a half cup of the powder... find a smaller bowl.. drop drop in goes the FO and "mmmm.. it smells soo good..." ok now the witch hazel... just a couple spritzes at a time, geeze if i can make these ima have Popeye arms when I get done with a couple full batches... OK into the molds, wow a half cup is still a lot.. quick grab the second mold... let em sit... now turn em out and

WOW!!

2310658275_7ccd03705e.jpg?v=0

They are cute... now hopefully they harden up the way they should.. these will be fun in the bath tonight!!

Not bad for a first try... I remember my first candle.. now that was a disaster!

----

Libby

Kaylor's Kreations

Lil one just had to have a fizzy bath, man do those things fizz... went quick though, probably because we just made them earlier today, and hadn't had much time to sit and dry out, n mmm... they smell so good, though i think maybe upping the FO a bit will help in the future, at least with this one, it seems to me OOB that its the least strong of the Kama Sutra FO line from NG

Well, now that they've had a chance to sit and dry out over night, I poured ameasure cup full of bath warm water from the spigot into it and dropped one in.. oohhh... it fizzied for quite a while.

And this was one of the lips ones, we used all 4-5 of the rosette ones in lil one's bath last night. So I'm pretty sure its cause they weren't dry last night.

On a side note to self... dont make bombs on the counter over the dishwasher while its running, a second little batch puffed up on me... turning from lips into funny little puffy diamond shaped things... but they still smell awesome!!

I have no problem taking a bunch of sweet smelling baths while i get used to the process and learning how to make *perfect* bombs...

----

Libby

Very cool!!! The little one must think you're just the coolest to be able to make something like that! :)

Wow so the heat/steam from the dishwasher had an effect. That's something to remember if I ever do them. That area on my counter is part of my usual workspace. Thanks for noting that! :)

Yeah, it was kinda weird. I didn't think anything of it at the time when i was actually making and molding them... but when i went to check on them to unmold those suckers, they were puffed like what i can olny describe as risen bread.. so I stuffed em back in nice n firm, and left em another 10 minutes.

I unmolded em then, and by that time the washer was finished with its cycle. I looked at em after dropping the kids off at school.. and wow!! those little risen bread bombs.

They are still cute, but just like i said earlier, you just can't tell they're supposed to be a set of lips.

I'm thinking I'm going to aim my B&B at what I call the Sofisticated Child... Adults that are still kids at heart, but all grown up and want something fun but kinda sexy... thus the reason for the lip shaped bombs. I'm waiting on the UPS guy to bring me my box.. i have some tea tree coming to make foot soak bombs in the shape of little flip-flops. Fun and special!

----

Libby

Footsie Fizzies

I LOVE it.. and think I might totally steal it... too good not too.

My last package did finally arrive, and man the straight Tea Tree is STRONG.. nearly ran me out the kitchen... but I managed through and got a tray of em made up, now they're resting happily in the molds. Will see how they turn out here in a bit.

I added a little Candy Cane FO along with the EO, I hope the little bit of vanilla will help mingle with the minty smell of the Tea Tree, make it smell really nummy while ya soak your toes...

I used 15 drops in what is essentially a half batch of my fizzer mix.. so 1 whole cups worth of dry... I do hope that isn't too much, especially since you'll only need 1 or 2 fizzies for a dishpan sized soak.

----

Libby