Gl 1285

I'm posting here since GL 1285 is a soy blend, and I wasn't sure it would technically be "vegetable" wax - per Brenda at Greenleaf, the blend is at least 50% soy, with the remaining amount being made up of other natural waxes and paraffin. I don't know the exact percentages of paraffin and other waxes, though.

Anyway, I just wanted to review. I've made a couple of batches of tarts, and so far, I love this wax. The tarts release nicely from the molds, and the hot throw is incredible! I have a 2000 square foot house, and I could smell the Brown Sugar Buttercream tart I was testing from one end of the house to the other.

I may be switching to this completely, depending on how it does in votives (to be tested this week). Greenleaf is local, I can pick up my wax and save shipping costs, and thus far, the GL 1285 looks to be less expensive than the Ecosoya I've been using (and a good bit less than the Mill Creek all natural votive/pillar wax I'd also used). If it works well and saves me money, it may be the thing to do.