Electric candle question

OK, I'm having a stupid question day. I found a site that sells a mold for an electric grubby with a heart. It says there is a recessed heart in the mold, all you have to do is pour, demold, and insert the bulb. Here is the link:

http://www.soapandcandlemolds.com/moldlarge.asp?prim=27d7-28elegrheart

My brain is not working today. If the heart is in the mold, when you pour and demold it, won't the heart shape just be a heart-shaped hole-like window? How do you do this like the picture shows without seeing the bulb? This may be a really dumb question, but I just gotta know before I order the mold......Please forgive me - I'm new to the electric world, lol.

That company might suggest you paint it, that is, pour the mold in white, unmold and paint it. I had the same question when ordering the pumpkin mold. I could not get it thru my head how they made the eyes glow in the picture.

When you see the white heart in that electric, you are looking at white wax illuminated, not a hole in the shell.

Back then, I had to ask and then phone that company, they told me they thought I was a competitor and told me to figure it out for myself.

There are many good mold makers spoken of here, consider the customer service before you buy your mold...

That company might suggest you paint it, that is, pour the mold in white, unmold and paint it. I had the same question when ordering the pumpkin mold. I could not get it thru my head how they made the eyes glow in the picture.

When you see the white heart in that electric, you are looking at white wax illuminated, not a hole in the shell.

Back then, I had to ask and then phone that company, they told me they thought I was a competitor and told me to figure it out for myself.

There are many good mold makers spoken of here, consider the customer service before you buy your mold...

What kind of paint do you use to paint a candle? I've never seen candle paint....although to be honest, I've never had to look for it either...

I think there are candle paints available at Hobby Lobby, maybe Michaels or WalMart.

I used black arcrylic paint from Delta from WalMart from the craft dept. to do the eyes. I dyed the wax from my mold orange then the eyes did not glow after painting them, but every other part of the pumpkin did.

I never painted as much area as your mold might need with any kind of paint, I did not think it would hold up under much touching, but you might be able to paint the area and then dip it in uncolored wax to preserve the painted area from dings.