Christmas Tree Scent -- Scent throw trouble

Holly

I cannot get a Christmas Tree Scent to throw well so far. At first, I thought that BCN Mistletoe was doing well in the CB-3 Calsoy but then realized it really is not putting out the kind of throw that I look for. I also tested Heartfelt's Rocky Mountain Pine that everyone on the scent review seems to like and Snowtop's Evergreen Pine. I ended up then trying to use the Mistletoe from BCN (the one that I thought was throwing nice) in the JS-123 and did not see a big difference in throw in that wax either. So, I thought I better give them to a friend to test to make sure it was not my nose. I gave her both Mistletoes (one in Calsoy CB-3 and one in JS-123) and the Heartfelt's Rocky Mountain Pine in Calsoy CB-3 -- those are the two that I liked the smell of -- they all kinda smell a like to me anyway. I just got done talking with her and she said that none of them were house throwers and you had to even wait awhile to get a good throw in one room. And, I double wick! I told her that I had a feeling it was not my nose. She said that the JS-123 Mistletoe one may have had a slight stronger throw. I cannot remember now if I put 10% in that one or not and she could not look because it was in her car (cold out thank goodness - lol). I only use up to 9 percent in the soy.

I have a few more that I have not yet tested -- two from JBN that seem to smell the same and Sleigh Ride from The Scented Bean.

Any suggestions? Why can I not get a good throw with the Christmas tree scents? Not that great in the paraffin either. Do any of you have the same problem? Well, it seems like it is pumpkin and pine that I have the most trouble getting a good throw with. :tongue2: You would think that pine would throw strong. :confused:

~Holly

Ky's Christmas Past is so strong. It is one of the few scents that is way strong at 1 oz in soy. Never tried CB3 but if Ky's won't throw nothing will.

I forgot to mention that I do have a tester poured with the KY Christmas Past. I bought this one from someone that was moving and I hope that it is still good -- not that it smells bad, just that I don't know how old it is. The cold throw did not seem real strong but I will test it and see how it goes. I also have a tester poured with BNL's Christmas Tree.

The soy I use usually has a great cold throw and really good hot throw with most oils but there are always those that are not as good. Just like any wax, some oils are better in it than others. What wax do you use?

Thanks!

Heartfelt's Rocky Mountain Pine is a very good scent it throws great.it is on top of my list of keepers.

I have read many good reviews on it. It appeared to be the most liked on the Scent Review. It could be that it just does not throw well in the Calsoy CB-3. Or, maybe it is my friend's and my nose -- can't smell pine very well. :tongue2: What wax do you use?

Could be that your soy is just not going to throw the pine scents very well. I use Peak's Spruce Christmas Tree and it throws great in both J223 and Joy Wax (which is mostly soy).

Yes, this is what I am starting to think. I just lit the Christmas Past from KY and it is not throwing that great either. I may have a little candlenose today though. However, I was smelling other candles ok.

I tested the Spruce Christmas Tree a long time ago when I first tested J-223 and I remember it throwing real well. I am going to order that one soon and try it in the soy.

Thanks.

P.S. If I can't get one to throw in this soy I will concetrate to get one to throw in the J-123, which I am sure I will have some luck even though the Mistletoe did not throw all that great in it.