Prayers for mom and soap help

myst25872002

My Mom has just been diagnososed with mutiple malignant brain tumors and I am asking for prayers for her.

I am determined to prevent skin break down so if there is anyone who has an extremely gentle and moisturizing soap recipe and a lotion recipe that I can do in HP they wouldn't mind sharing with me if they have my word that I will only make it for it for my mother and and will not share with anyone ever I would be in your dept because to be honest I can't even think straight enough yet to figure out a recipe on my own right now and I had moved recently and my notebook is MIA right now and since I am an LPN I have moved in with mom to care for her I may never find it so I am asking for your help. If you are willing to share a recipe, I have most every oil and butter possile except emu. I have just ordered a but load of micas in the co-op so I am going to make it as pretty and conditioning as possible she deserves the best I can can possible do for her.

Thank you so very much and please pray for her

Donna

Prayers for your mother and for you for strength. In regard to formulating products for persons having cancer and treatments, do not add any fragrance. Simple clean and pure are important here. Also choose your preservative wisely, no parabens. I have a friend/also a formulator who underwent cancer and treatments and used optiphen as her choice of preservative. Let me think on this a while, and I'll be back.

Huggs, Bekka

I don't make soap, so I'm no help there. But I will be sending prayers to you and mom. Hang tough, you have to stay strong to help her through this, you can do it. It's so important that she sees you're not falling apart, even though you have every right to.

Ohh man, I hate to hear that C word where anyone is concerned! :(

I still consider myself a noob at soapmaking etc so wouldn't even want to begin to tell ya what would be good for someone's skin in your mom's condition. Plus I know next to nothing about what happens to one's skin with the treatments etc. ??

I think there was a discussion some time back on here though about it, I'll search around for ya. ;)

I will definitely add your mom to my prayer list. Would you mind PMing me her name? If not, no biggie, I'll just pray for "Donna's Mom".

Hang in there, and tell her that I'm pulling for her. Have the drs. said anything about the chances, treatments etc.?

I'm sooo sorry for you and your mom and the rest of the family, this is going to be tough on all of you. Thank goodness you're an LPN, your training will kick in and you'll be Nurse Donna, that will be awesome for your mom!

Definitely definitely definitely will keep praying for her Donna and never doubt the power of prayer!

Before my dad died of cancer, I made him a lotion/thick cream with shea and emu. This REALLY helped his dry, cracking skin and any sores he had healed right up in a few weeks after putting this on daily. This was my daily routine with him... "massage therapy" with the emu-shea lotion. If you would like the recipe, PM me.

Before my dad died of cancer, I made him a lotion/thick cream with shea and emu. This REALLY helped his dry, cracking skin and any sores he had healed right up in a few weeks after putting this on daily. This was my daily routine with him... "massage therapy" with the emu-shea lotion. If you would like the recipe, PM me.

Oh yes please I would appreciate it so much, I will get some emu ordered and get it made.

Thank you all so much for your responses and prayers it helps.

Also her name is Sharon, also if my mom feels very strongly about the power of prayer as I do and has now begun a collection of prayer clothes and gets very upset if I don't keep them straight and in her bra for her so when I bath her or change her clothes I have to make sure I keep those little pieces in my hands at all times because it's the first thing she asks for lol.

The steroids have taken alot of the pressure off and she is back with us right now and able to have a conversation with us again now and we are so thankful. I have moved in with her to care for her. I'm a nurse but not able to work now due to heart and back problems, I guess God had his reason for helping me to get thru nursing school after all. My other sister and brother in law are here to help too but her meds and other heath care needs are my responsibility so please pray that I am able to keep my mind clear and straight at all times and keep the tears, frustration, and nerves at bay, I can loose it later.

Again thank you all so very much

Donna

Mom has decided that she wants a prayer scarf to cover her head when her hair is gone (no wigs lol) so if anyone would like to find a small piece of material and say a prayer for her over it and send it to us it will be incorporated into the scarf. If you would like to send one just send me a pm and I will give you the address to send it to. The material can be from an old piece of clothing or anything you have handy.

Thank you so very much

Donna