Soap dye/additive questions please

Vio

Well I ordered some soap dye a few nights ago. I'm on a pretty tight budget so I decided to just look for something that I get a lot for my money, and don't have to put too much out for to start some colors up. Made sure to get ones that say they do well through cp. Very good prices and shipping from this place I found. Soap Molds N More. She's got nice price for size and pretty nice colors too. Has anyone used these dyes? http://www.soapmoldsnmore.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=Colorants&isThumbs=No&curpage=5&Thumbs=

I got several pretty nice colors and also picked up the black. Is black in soap used just like it is in candles? Like if you want to darken the color, add a drop of black? Or does it generally not work so well? There's more that can change colors in soap than in candle wax from what I can see, so I'm curious.

Also, another question and this one is going to seem strange. LOL You know like diaper rash creams like Desitin? Can you use that in soap maybe? Anyone ever try it? I'd guess you can't if you wanted to sell it or something, because it's using a pre-made product and it would have to be listed, but for personal use, could you use it as an after trace addition in small amount you think? Or would mineral oil totally mess it up or something?

K thank you! Had to ask because my daughter is prone to eczema and I use Walgreens brand diaper rash cream on her with moisturizer mixed in and it makes it go away in no time. She hasn't had it in a long time, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks for the advice! :)

zinc oxide might be stable - that's a big part of the diaper ointment. but I don't think it would do anything in a wash-off product.

hand made soap kicked my kids' eczema (thanks for the intro to it Eugenia - I cannot thank you enough!!!), along with a few other changes - I'll PM you.

Thanks CareBear! She's doing great with the j&j head to toe baby wash and I just make sure to remind her to put her moisturizer on. I wanted to let her use the castile but I'm afraid she might react. I think I'm going to try some next shower, just on one small part of her body. She's been pretty good for a long time now, so it might be she's not so bad anymore. Just been afraid to risk it since she used to get patches on her cheeks. I'll try it on her elbow or something next shower. Thanks! :)

UGH eczema sucks! Id love to find something that truely helps it!! Glad your daughter hasnt had it for awhile!!

My sister is a nurse, and my grandson has eczema, she said to start giving him omega 3 vitamins, and it would disappear.

I haven't tried it yet, because he is only 2 years old. I'll ask his doctor next week, when he goes for his checkup.

Wow that's interesting! Has to be fish oil I would think? Unless they have straight omega in a pill now? Will be interesting to hear what your ped says. I'll ask mine as well, next visit. They've been calm for a whole now so this is just preventive thinking really. I know it can happen, and would be nice to make something to be ready if ever. :)

I make a calendula salve for my sons eczema, works really well for him. None of the commercial products ever helped him at all. I could load him down with all the Eucerin and Neosporin I could find, didn't help at all. He's allergic to hydrocortisone creams. The only the the ped. could give me was Elidel but then said use it sparingly, the side effects are bad!:undecided

Guess why i started make bath products! :D

Well thank you! That's great to know. My daughter was on Elidel too when she was younger and I hated to have to use it. This is why I felt very fortunate when I found that zinc oxide helped her with moisture. Really strange, but it works for her. She's been very calm thank God. :)