My attempt at pretty balms

bells4shells

I just made these tonight and think they turned out fabulous! I'm very pleased with my first batch. They taste wonderful, smell super and best of all, they feel divine on my parched lips! :)

I can't wait to try colors and sparkles -- Just wanted to share in my excitement. haha

post-8116-139458443129_thumb.gif

Hey thanks everyone! :)

I'm getting ready to make some more here in a bit.

I don't mind sharing at all Faye, but have to let you know, I cut them myself to get the size I wanted. I used a 8.5 x 11 sheet, did the layout in photoshop and then cut them. But, either way, I made them about 1.75"H x 1.9"L (around the tube). Hope that helps!

I keep coming back to look at these. I think you've done a really good job on the labels from what I can see of them. How in the world did you get all that wording on for ingredients though? There has to be a trick to lining them up and keeping them all the same size ... a trick I haven't learned yet lol.

HA! Scented, the trick is to not go smaller than 6pt font size, but I actually went 5 and they are just fine. Pm me if you like, I'd be more than happy to help you figure things out (if I know!) :)

Thanks again for all the wonderful compliments! I just finished another batch and they turned out just as nice. This is quite addictive. I'm already a lip balm/gloss ho, this is going to be fun making my own. :P

Well, I use the full sheet cause I can never get my layout to measure right on the precut labels.

I basically just stick one end of the label on and then I take my finger back and forth while I rotate the balm. This allows me to get it on evenly and get most of the air pockets out. I've tried with both my bare hands and then with gloves. I find that if I use gloves, I can press down on small pockets of air and it seems to get rid of them without messing up the ink. The big air pockets are hopeless though. I've resorted to throwing some labels away but not many, so this process seems to be working so far. :)

• 2 weeks later...