CP Help Please!!!

Faye_SC

I made CP today, anf it didn't trace. It has been in the mold since 11:00 am, I just peaked and it is still liquid.

Can I put it back in the pt and beat it some more, or should I toss it.

18 oz Coconut Oil

16.8 oz Palm

12 oz Canola Oil

1.2 oz Castor Oil

18.24 oz Water

7.06 oz Lye

3 oz Stonehenge

5% Superfat

38% solution

I've never had this happen before.:mad:

your recipe looks fine. at what temp were your lye solution and oils? if it was cool it can talk a long time to trace sometimes. so did you end up pouring it into the mold before trace then? that can really slow things down too.

at what point did you add your FO? I haven't worked with that one but there are some odd ones that actually seem to slow trace instead of accelerating it as some others do.

where is your mold? is it insulated? you might try sticking it in an oven preheated to 170 if your mold is heat safe.

(btw: that's a 28% lye solution, the 38% is water as % of oils)

your recipe looks fine. at what temp were your lye solution and oils? if it was cool it can talk a long time to trace sometimes. so did you end up pouring it into the mold before trace then? that can really slow things down too.

I SOAPED AT ROOM TEMP, I BEAT IT WITH THE SB FOREVER, AND IT WAS STILL REALLY THIN. I DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT ARONG.

DOES THE WEATHER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT NOT TRACING?

at what point did you add your FO? I haven't worked with that one but there are some odd ones that actually seem to slow trace instead of accelerating it as some others do.

ADDED FO AT THE VERY END.

where is your mold? is it insulated? you might try sticking it in an oven preheated to 170 if your mold is heat safe.

MOLD IS WRAPPED IN TWO TOWELS, NOT OVEN SAFE.

(btw: that's a 28% lye solution, the 38% is water as % of oils)

THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP. I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT THAT PART MEANS.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

I would next suggest you check your scale because all I can think of is that you shorted the lye. If 5 quarters weigh exactly one ounce then I'd say give it a week and see what happens.

Another idea is to put it on a heating pad or something like that to add some heat to the equation and jump start the saponification. I once put my mold in a cooler and packed those microwavable hot pads I use in bed for my feet around it. Then wrapped my (hot) stoneware pan in a towel and put it on top. Anything to get heat going.

I just transfered it to a different mold, so I could put it in the oven.

When I poured it over into the new mold, the top was all liquid, but the bottom half was thick like mud, and it looks really grainy.

I poured it all into a pot and stirred it back up again, and then put in the mold, in the oven, we'll see what happens.

I'm beginning to wonder, if my Palm oil may have been miss labeled. When i spooned it out today, it was softer than usual.