Beeswax vs Candelilla

ladysj

Candelllia is definately harder but I make a vegan lip balm with it and have adjusted the oils so I use more soft oils and vco. I love it. I sell it like crazy also. I just got in some castor wax to try that. I read it works better then the Candellia. I may play with it today to see.

i saw the castor oil wax as SS and thought about getting it to make a vegan lip balm, please post your results once you've had the time to make it.

I tried using the castor wax and I am so far not impressed with it. I read it was a very hard wax so I started off using my regular recipe using half as much as i would have of bees wax. It is very soft so then I added the other half. It is still a little soft. I am going to try again with the portions of wax. I did find you should not add castor oil as it made it sticky and "pastey" feeling. I don't feel a waxy feel but as I said it is not up to par for a lip balm. My first impressions of this wax is not very good! I will play some more today maybe changing the recipe all together and add cocoa butter for some firmness.

Scented, I wouldn't really call it gritty as in a shea or mango butter can do almost as in when a powder doesn't incorporate all the way. All I can think of is how powder feels when you put it on but with a little oil in it. I don't have a lot going on with the ingredients and I have only subbed the beeswax not anything else.