Tins and Soy

I bought some tins from CS and I use 464. I have never poured into a tin before and wanted to know where to start wick wise. Ihave great luck with 464 and CD wicks and want to know where I should start as far as size.

I actually just poured CS Vanilla Hazelnut into a 16oz tin and wicked with cd18. It is test burning now. I also poured NG Palm Island into a 8 oz tin and wicked with a cd16. Does that sound about right.

BTW the vanilla hazelnut is awesome. I don't think that the MP is big enough on the 16oz though. We will see. I am at the 2 hour mark.

I wick the 16 oz with either 16 or 18, depending on fragrance. The 8 oz's I can usually use a 12 without a problem. I also use 464. For the record, a 4 oz is usually a 5.

Don't worry about the 2 hour melt pool... the tins get hot on the inside edges toward the bottom and things you're SURE you underwicked catch up on the last few burns. I most often use an 18 on the 16 oz and am fine.

-Kristi

Thanks so much. Great info. I was scared because the 4 hour mp didn't even cross the tin. I will burn in all the way and see how it goes.

I wick the 16 oz with either 16 or 18, depending on fragrance. The 8 oz's I can usually use a 12 without a problem. I also use 464. For the record, a 4 oz is usually a 5.

Don't worry about the 2 hour melt pool... the tins get hot on the inside edges toward the bottom and things you're SURE you underwicked catch up on the last few burns. I most often use an 18 on the 16 oz and am fine.

-Kristi