Some future shows

SpaceGirl

So part of my business plan this year is to get out and do some shows. I signed up for the Colorado Chocolate Festival and just checked the current vendor list... I'll be a part of the Mother's Day Market with an Arbonne person, BeautiControl, Partylite and some random company/lady from California (Nanina Ra - anyone heard of them?).

This will be my first "larger show" and btw there was no expection of it being a "craft show" so the inclusion of commerical vendors doesn't surprise me.

But now I have to wonder... who ELSE should I be looking out for? Cuz I've seen some of the feedback on Partylite and the BeautiControl ladies just make me laugh......

I never worry about the big guys. A lot of the customers that buy from them are looking for brand name so don't worry about them. The ones looking for hand crafted will not even stop in those booths.

Oh I went and look at the festival web site I would say they do not even have quarter of the vendors up on it. Right at the top of the vedors they say partial list. If you are really worried give them a call and ask how many soap and candle booths they are letting in.

The ones looking for hand crafted will not even stop in those booths.

Exactly! I know that when I go to craft shows, I'm looking for handmade items not those mass produced companies.

I would though like Vicky suggested find out just how many others of your like will be there and how they will be setting you up (ie. how far away from eachother you will be etc.).

Good luck to you in your show ventures. :)

Thanks for the comments and suggestions!

I'm not really that worried about the competition -- not because I'm just that fabulous (LOL) but because it will be my first larger show -- I'm more worried about myself, my stock and my presentation. I am my worst enemy. :rolleyes2 The smaller craft fairs feel like dry runs in comparison.

I know my products and how I make them, which I know will be a great advantage! I am just treating this show and another one a few weeks later almost like advertising -- I need to get my name and my products out there and this is a way to do that. With a booth fee of only $125 I felt like it was a win-win for me -- even if sales are dismal I'll get some exposure and the table fee isn't that much.