Lip Balm Label Woes

DosGardenias23

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice because lip balm labels are driving me crazy! I use slim line tubes, and square labels from online labels. The edge of the label won't stay down unless I super glue it, but it's so tedious to glue each one and I always get super glue on my fingers.

Any ideas for better labels or an easier way to make the labels stick? I really need a better solution!

I've discovered the crystal clear labels work a lot better than Avery labels (if you use clear labels)... the Laser labels also make a difference... I used inkjet and they peeled right away from the bottle....

you can get samples sent to you from onlinelabels.com

i like Lavida, use the crystal clear labels, which I have no problems with. I also, cut my lables a little larger so that the ends kinda overlapps, i hope this makes sense.

Are you tubes free from any oil residue? I give mine a good alcohol wipe down before applying labels.

Thanks for the replies! They do overlap a little, which helps a little, but they still come up. I don't think cleaning the tubes with alcohol would fix it, because it comes up from where the label overlaps and sticks to itself (if that makes sense).

Do you all know where to get the perforated shrink wrap for slim line tubes? The ones I have have the perforation lengthwise down the tube (I get them from MMS) but I'm not sure where to find ones with perforation around the lid... that might fix the problem. :)

I buy the clear packaging tape that's 1.88" wide -- and wrap it around. It takes time but I get stay-put labels and waterproofing with that one step, so it works perfectly for me. (I also force my husband into helping me!) Although if I had to do large quantities it would probably irritate me to no end!

The only ones I can seem to find are the ones where the perforation goes along the length of the tube. I wonder if anyone carries the type where the perforation only removes from the lid of the balm and the remaining shrink wrap stays in place along the body of the tube.

Angi