Help Me!! With my HP Color Laser Jet 2600!! How do I print labels???

I actually have a 2605dn but I think all the 2600s run the same. I just got it a few days ago and I am trying to print the clear labels and the white glossy labels from labels by the sheet. The problem is that when I feed the labels into tray 2, it leaves a layer of what I can only term "ash" on my whole label sheet, which is ruining my labels. Also, when I print on regular paper all is well, but once I try to print on the clear sheets or the white gloss sheets the print is blurry, looks like its trying to bleed and all fuzzy looking. And again with the "ash" on the entire sheet. I tried manually feeding the paper into tray one, same problem.

I want clear crystal labels!!! I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Please help me so that I can get some work done today, lol.

Did you configure the print settings to print on glossy paper as opposed to regular paper?

Also, did you check the HP site for troubleshooting tips? I am not sure what you have tried all ready and I dont' have any experience with a Laser Jet (if only I had one....). :)

Are you running the same sheet through the printer more than once? Laser printers are designed to be "single pass" printers so anytime you feed the same sheet through that "ash" is just going to get darker and darker until you end up with a gray sheet of labels.

My 1600 has an option to print on transparency, if yours has that option give it a try and see if it doesn't fix the blur/bleeding.

For the clear labels, you have to select "transparent." The glossy should print on "glossy heavy" as the paper is a little heavier. If you have caught some of the clear labels in the fuser, run some blank sheets thru it and try to clean it. I have the HP2600N. Prints pretty good. Carole

i have the HP Laser 2600n, I had the same problem. What I do is feed my paper from the outside tray, set it to transparency for the clear lables and i get perfect labels everytime. i do the same for white labels, but i set it to labels for those. hth

You must set to transparency mode, and run one sheet at a time through the single feed, tray 1. Also, before you load the label sheet, try running a couple of plain paper pages through...that seems to help the 'grab' another sheet part.

Google with the name and model number of your printer and it will bring up a pdf link to the manual.

I don't know if this will help, but we have a Dell 3010 Laser. We fought it, and fought it for the first few months. I was just sick. We kept calling tech support, they didn't help. Same thing about the transperancy setting, but that didn't help.

Finally, I got a woman one day that was pretty snotty, but had me start from scratch, even turning the machine on. I got pretty snippy with her, because I had went through this so many times. But what ended up happening, was a couple of little steps that I had somehow missed. Believe me I apologized.

First, using the menu on the machine to make sure it was set to labels. I had to scroll through the menu, until I came to paper tray settings, then scroll to label. If anyone had told me that, I missed it. Then, for everything that I printed, I had to make sure that it was also set on labels. Bingo. I had always used inkjets, and this whole thing was foreign to me. The paper had to be slowed down to fuse, if that makes any sense. I didn't have to mess with any other settings. She also said, as others have mentioned, to feed one at a time through. A lady where I get my laser clear labels at elements bath and body, (which by the way are by far the best I have found), said to feed one sheet at a time, and to put a small pile of regular paper under the clear sheet. It helps it to feed through evenly. It helps a great deal. My labels have never looked better, for the most part. They do not smudge, and are waterproof. I still have fits on very small circle labels, getting them to stay within the circle, but with her suggestions, that has gotten better.

This may be way off of what you need, but just in case.... I love the clear waterproof labels.

I have the 2600 and had the same problem. I tried everything, to no avail. I called customer support and (1.5 hrs later) they sent me a new toner cartridge (black). It did the trick! Sometimes they said the toner cartridges are bad and shake the black stuff over the paper....you might want to call tech support and see. I got mine free.

I have the 2600 and had the same problem. I tried everything, to no avail. I called customer support and (1.5 hrs later) they sent me a new toner cartridge (black). It did the trick! Sometimes they said the toner cartridges are bad and shake the black stuff over the paper....you might want to call tech support and see. I got mine free.

I have to agree with this. Mine was printing a gray haze on all my labels, until I changed the black toner cartridge. Something to look into, I guess.