CSN Wicks

I have a 4 inch apothecary jar that I am now using CSN16 wick. I us GG palm wax and I am still getting a little wax on the side of the jar. The mp just doesn't seem to get all the way to the edge of the jar. I'm sure I could double wick to help with the problem, but I am really trying to avoid double wicking at all cost.

Does anyone have the same experience with the CSSN wicks or do you any recomendations for another type of wick that works well in GG palm?

Thanks,

Bruce

Is the candle you mentioned all burned to the out,or are you still burning it? If you are still burning it,how long do you burn each time? Palm burns down first then out to the edges..sometimes it takes right down to the last burn to clean up the sides.I have been testing gg for a few months now and this is what I gathered.HTH!:smiley2:

Kimmeroo

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 4 inch apothecary jar that I am now using CSN16 wick. I us GG palm wax and I am still getting a little wax on the side of the jar. The mp just doesn't seem to get all the way to the edge of the jar. I'm sure I could double wick to help with the problem, but I am really trying to avoid double wicking at all cost.

Does anyone have the same experience with the CSSN wicks or do you any recomendations for another type of wick that works well in GG palm?

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce,

I use Golden Brands soy wax but have also had some difficulty with the CSN wicks leaving hang up in my jars, just an FYI. I am thinking of switching wicks. Good luck!

Kathy F.

candlescience just added a few more CSN wicks. I would try the CSN 22 if you do not want to double wick.

http://candlescience.com/wick/pretabbed-wick.php

and to add to that..... you can use the csn 26 which is a new wick designed like the csn 22.... for palm wax. CS says that the 26 may be able to single wick a 4" jar???? I hope so. I want to test the 22's and the 26's and see how they perform. Kind of exciting I think :)

Mike

and to add to that..... you can use the csn 26 which is a new wick designed like the csn 22.... for palm wax. CS says that the 26 may be able to single wick a 4" jar???? I hope so. I want to test the 22's and the 26's and see how they perform. Kind of exciting I think :)

Mike

Thanks Mike,that's nice to know...will be ordering some of those to test myself!:yay: Kimmeroo

Ps: Stella,where do you get the cdn's?

JBN, Kimmeroo. There are larger and smaller CDNs than 8s and 22s, but that's the best size range that I have found yet without having to go to Wickit or Wicks Unlimited and buy a thousand... *faint* If anyone knows of a supplier that has 'em smaller than an 8 and larger than a 22, please give me a shout! :)

I did a test burn using the CSN16 (I bought those right before CS came out with the 22's and 26's) and still got the hang ups on the jar. I'm going to order some of the 22's and 26's and give them a try. I just noticed they include the 22's and 26's in the sampler pack.

On a side not. Does eveyone uisng the CSN have a large flame when you burn the candle? I've varied my FO load a few times and no matter what I get a pretty big flame off these wicks.

Thanks for all the advice. :cheesy2: It's nice to see a lot of us working with palm. It sure does look great, but I would love to finally get a good burn. :)

Happy testing!

Bruce

I am burning a CSN 16 in a 3.5inch diameter apothecary jar right now.... the flame is 1/2 inch. Not large at all. I actually think this jar needs a 18, but until they make one......lol. I think the 22 might be too large. I think I will test anyway. I e-mailed CS on 2/3/08 about adding the new wicks to the sample... they work fast!!

ETA: this is in CBA

Bruce,

Are the CSN's you're testing from one of the sample packs? I've gotten 2 sample packs from them over a 6 month time period and I get huge flames also.

I was told that they were having some quality control problems with the CSN series and I'm wondering if they've replaced the wicks in the single size orders but not the sample packs.

ETA: sometimes I crack me up.... I read your post and for some reason skipped right over the "Bruce" part!! LMAO at any rate I am using the same "samples" as you are too with out the big flame issues.

let me check.....on 1/4/08 I ordered the CSN wick kit from CS.

HTH

I started with CSN14 from the single size pack and then bought the sample pack when they added the CSN16 to it. for both packs I bought I got huge flames.

Hopefully, what ever the quality control problems they have will not take place in the order I just placed tonight for a new sample pack that includes the 22's and 26's. I'll start with the 22's and see what results I get with those. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I tested the CSN 22 in another 4" apothecary jar (will burn the CSN 26 tomorrow) and got a full melt pool and no hang ups. Very exciting I guess. Only problem was i got a huge flame and the candle burned up quick. Lots of mushrooming too. Right now I am using the Very Vanilla scent from CS in the candle with a drop of dye. I'm using a 6% Fragrance load and I think I will pull back to 4% to see if I can't get that flame under control.

Atleast I got full melt pull single wicking a 4" apothecary jar. :cheesy2: Almost there... a few more test candles and I think I might have it... hopefully. wish me luck.

Bruce