Cedar & Saffron at BCN went up..

islandgirl

:shocked2: $6.00 lb!! It was 16.95 now it is $23.95....

I know we all have to increase our prices, but OMG.. I was not prepared for that price increase all at once..

They said that their supplier raised the prices, so they had to...:sad2:

I also heard that more oils may be going up too!!!

Does anyone know if JBN is a dupe to BCN's Cedar & Saffron.

WOW....that is a big jump! So were they the ones that told you that many more oils would be going up? As in BCN oils only, or oils in general?

I think I have a sample of C&S from JBN. I will look and if so, it is yours! I cannot say if it is a dupe b/c I never smelled BNC.

I will say that JBN is a GREAT company and I love their oils. They all do so well in soy, too. And I LOVE their freebie policy!!!! http://www.justbynature.com/fragrance-Specials.html

You actually go through the list of fragrances and add the free ones of your choice and you get a FULL ounce...which is great for testing.

I just looked and their C&S is $18/pound and it says that it is one of their strong ones that you can cut back on. Believe me, when they say you can cut back on their "stronger" ones, you can really cut back. So $18/lb AND you don't use as much...double savings!

Also they have great sales...

http://www.justbynature.com/Sale_Items.html

I think they have them once every two weeks???? Anyway, they are sales on stuff that is popular as opposed to stuff they are trying to clear out. Top it off with customer service that just cannot be beat.

Thanks VE.. After that review.. I placed an order with them. :highfive:

Hope it's similar to BCN's... If so I will order in bulk at the 8lb prices which knocks it down to $15.95 lb!!!

Talked to BCN on the phone.. Said other oils my be increasing also.

I checked out their Jan. newsletter, and it also states their will be increases due to the rising costs of raw materials.

I wonder if other FO suppliers will be adjusting their prices soon...:shocked2:

Some have me thinks.

Anyone notice the popularity of amber scents last year and see price increases already? I've seen quite a few and love the scent almost as much as I love patch. Now some have patch in it, so that explains the increase but still ...

And with shipping costs that went up too ...

That sucks!! :shocked2: I really like that scent!! I'm looking for other suppliers for my FO's anymore! I know that Bert's has some great oils that I'm going to start using to replace some of BCN's & BCS's.

I know that BCS had raised their prices on some FO's several yrs. ago. I don't use too many from BCS, but the ones I do are expensive!

Let us know if JBN is comparable.

Let us know if JBN is comparable.

It is a DUPE..:yay:

The only difference is the $7.00 per pound difference.

I just looked and their C&S is $18/pound and it says that it is one of their strong ones that you can cut back on. Believe me, when they say you can cut back on their "stronger" ones, you can really cut back. So $18/lb AND you don't use as much...double savings!

Also they have great sales...

http://www.justbynature.com/Sale_Items.html

Top it off with customer service that just cannot be beat.

I got their oil in 3 business days!! It was sent out the day I ordered!!:cheesy2:

Poured it last night and burning it now.

Hot throw is fabulous!! I might even be able to cut back on it too!!! WHAHOO!!! Your right.. They do have great sales.. :cheesy2:

Thanks for everyones help..

I hope this thread helps all of you who needs a Dupe for this oil..

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I just checked out JBN Cedar & Saffron. It's $21 lb!, and it does'nt say anything about cutting back due to being strong. :confused: I wonder if they changed the formulation. Guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Anyone tried it in C-3? BCN C&S did not throw well for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...