First visit with the accountant......

Jane42

...And we want to make sure we have all the information he would need. We have been selling candles for approximately two years.

At this point, we have a DBA, NYS sales tax number and insurance.

We are not sure what kinds of questions to expect. We really want some guidance as to how we should be handling the "paperwork" side of our business. We have never put any of our business gains/losses on our personal taxes.

Any suggestions on what we should expect...what we need to ask...:embarasse

Jane

My accountant sends me an organizational package.

Everything they need from me is is it.

I just plug in my numbers for her.

I also make her a copy of my Quickbooks.

That's it. She does the rest.

Regarding the paper work. Make sure you have added up all your costs of supplies etc - and all your sales. That way you won't get charged for her to tally this. If you need a good software program.

Quickbooks Simple Start is now offered free. It is basic and easy and FREE!!:cheesy2:

http://proadvisor.intuit.com/product/accounting-software/simple-start-bookkeeping-software.jhtml

Make sure when you are adding up your cost of supplies, seperate them into different categories like: equipment, materials & supplies, advertising expenses, repairs & maitnance, commissions, office supplies, etc...

Thank you!

Ours had us give them our cost to make something (not what we sell it for) and break down your instock inventory too. Trying to remember what all we supply (as it takes a millenium to enter it all lol).

Ah yes, we did have to keep track of what we paid tax on and if we paid any use tax as in this state, once something crosses the border without taxes paid on it, then we owe a use tax.

Ah yes, we did have to keep track of what we paid tax on and if we paid any use tax as in this state, once something crosses the border without taxes paid on it, then we owe a use tax.

Oh, good grief, as if it isn't confusing enough!! lol

Thanks, Scented.