Tart smell varies

So the first round of tarts I made was with just normal wax you get at the grocery store and some FO I bought from the candle source. Smell was mega mega strong. So now.. I used the EcoSoya PB and IGI 4794. Okay on the ones I did that were totally soy, I'm having an issue with the tart not smelling for up to an hour or two after putting it in an electric melter, if I put it in my tealight melter it smells in about 30 minutes. Then I did a batch of 50/50.. same issue.. THen I did a batch of 25% soy and 75% 4794 and I am about to test them.

What's the best wax to use for tarts in electric melters?

Oh on all of these I used about 1 ounce to every pound of wax ... I'm starting to think I had beginners luck with the first round. HELP :D

Could be your electric burner. I bought one at Yankee Candle and it sucked big time. Never even melted the tart all the way...and I had it on for like 6 hours. It was the type that had the heat plate, not the light bulb. Needless to say, I returned it and got a nice tea light burning one instead. I don't think I'll be using the electric burners any more. I haven't found one that burns hot enough to really throw the scent.

Regarding the best wax to use for the electric tart burners...I use 50/50 OK6228 and J223. It's a pretty soft combo compared to straight pillar wax but it still wouldn't melt in the electric burner. Try using a container wax. It probably won't be the neatest thing to do but it's going to take a very soft wax to get it to burn in some of those electric tart burners. Maybe someone on the board knows of a good electric tart burner that gives off a lot of heat and will work better for you.