Votive Clamshells

I am very interested in trying out the votive clamshells but I have a few questions. I know that you don't glue the wicks to the bottom of the clamshell and you probably couldn't use a wick pin so do you just place the wick into the votive after it has cooled enought to stick to the bottom. That is what I have done with some testers but I just don't like the "feel" of it because its kinda hard to know for sure your wick stays straight if it is very flimsy. Another quick question, does anyone have a wick suggestion for EcoSoya PB in these clamshells. I have tested several and I am just not finding one that burns well IMO.

I have used wick pins with these with no problems. The only problems I have is that I am a messy at pouring and think the clamshells are a pain to clean.

HTH,

Kim

So how do you thread the tabbed wicks into the votives? Do you pop them out of the votives clamshell and then replace them after they are wicked?