ISO local glass tealight holders

I am playing with the everlasting pillars (my first attempt at pillars) I tried one with a votive cup insert and it cracked pretty bad. So now I want to try a glass tealight holder but for now I only need a couple. Is there anywhere that I can find them locally? Wal Mart didn't have them. Thanks for any input.

Awh...I was going to go to Wal-mart tomorrow to pick up a couple of them myself. Bummer. I know I saw them somewhere lately. The only other place I've been to recently was Walgreens. Maybe that's where I saw them. I found them on line the other night. 12 for $5.99. But once you add shipping...well you know how that goes. :sad2: Here's the link just in case.

http://www.candle4less.com/Tealight-Holders.st.572.htm

Well, after 3 hours between Wally World, Dollar General, Hobby Lobby and Big Lots I came home with lots of goodies...but no glass tea light holders. :( I did get some plumbers putty and remembered the Play-Doh (great hot pink color woo-woo). I forgot to stop at Walgreens...didn't follow my own suggestion. So, all dressed up and no where to go. There is another store...Garden Ridge Pottery. Oh, and Pier 1. Other than that...I dunno. I need a nap....

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up stopping at CVS and they had some in a pack of 5 for $4.99, seemed expensive but this is just for playing right now and if it is something I want to continue to do, I will look for a cheaper price. My candle is cooling right now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

erinmfritz...You were right. It was CVN not Walgreens. After I read your post this morning I hopped in the car to go get them. It's cooling in the oven. :yay: Is there a trick to getting it centered? I had the hardest time getting my fingers and the cup down into the mold. I wish they had the straight sided ones. I think they would have been easier to hold onto.

Let us know how it turns out and I'll do the same. :)

Mine turned out ok, it cracked quite a bit at the top. I'm playing with some palm wax that I got as a free sample. I'm going to try parafin next, hopefully I won't get any cracking. You're right, it is hard to center the glass in the mold. I used my hand and a wooden spoon, PITA. How's yours?

Hi Erin...Mine didn't crack. I'm sorry your's did. :( I don't know enough about Palm to know why it did. This was just the 3rd one I've tried. I kept everything pretty hot. I had the mold, with the glass tea light container in it, in the oven at @200* while the wax melted. Heated to 205* added dye, fo and poured. Put it back in the oven (now turned off) and let it cool. It took about 11 hrs. to completely cool down. I don't know if any of that had anything to do with it not cracking. Where did you get your Palm wax? Mine was from JBN. JW1581/Granite Palm. My mold is concave so I did get a little wax under (over) the tea light cup but it was very thin. It came off when I took the Play-Doh out. I didn't know if I should have poked relief holes. I somehow associate that with using wicks. That might have something to do with the wax cooling in general. Expanding and contracting...maybe?

Maybe someone who knows more about Palm can help out with the cracking issue.

Anybody?