Cornflower Petals

Sylvie

I grew cornflowers, (Centaurea cyanus), both blue & red, for dried flower crafting. The blooms shattered, so now I have a bunch of cornflower petals. I wondered if they could be used in soap, but I only see them used that way in sites from the UK. Does anyone know if these can be used in soap? It seems a shame for the petals to be wasted; the colors are so pretty and vibrant.

I bet they'd discolor once incorporated into soap like PA said. The only thing I've used that hasn't discolored is calendula blossoms. Sprinkling on top would look gorgeous though and I'd be more than happy to try it out for you!! :D

I don't make soap (yet), but I would be glad to send you some to test. I hate to see them go to waste, so I'm hoping they can be used in some application. On one of the British sites, they had a bath bomb kit that included cornflower petals. If you PM me your address, I'll send you & anyone else who wants to try them, some petals on Mon. Thanks to all who replied.