Fil-Tec Wicks

I called Fil-Tec after another thread talked about these wicks & the rep offered a sample pack at no cost. He asked where I'm located & said he'd include a list of suppliers. If Fil-Tec doesn't have a list of suppliers on their site, I'd suggest calling to make sure you're getting info that works best for you.

Susan.

I got some samples and would trade for some larger sizes. The one I'm testing (Ultra Core FT2.283) is just a little small. Leaves a film and takes a long time to get a melt pool. Plus the melt pool is slushy not a hot pool and it's the largest they sent. So if you have two sizes or more larger than this one, I have it and the next two smaller. The size of these seem very close. I'm using the square mason so I might need the largest they make. I did find our that you need to leave a longer wick when lighting, cause the flame was weak. Maybe cause it was just too small. LMK

Sharon -- did you get those results w/ only one test, or did you find those results to be true for different sizes? They're sending a comparison chart, so I hope this helps keep me on track. I think I hate testing wicks more than anything else!

Susan.

This test was only with one size jar the 16 & 10 square mason. I think all the masons are the same size except the lid with, if not this was the smaller lid. But it just didn't make it. I thin all the other sizes are too small for this jar. But trying the X-Trim FT 2.370 which is also the melt pool diameter they go by.

Also notice and don't completely understand is the melt pool in relation to the Rate of Consumption. For the XTrim 2.305 Pool Diameter has a ROC of 5.8 grams/hour. And the UC FT 2.283 PD has ROC of 7.5 g/h. Could someone explain the difference and which would be better? Does ROC mean scent throw?